Company Name: Puget Sound Energy
Phone Number: (425) 462-3017
Job Title: Multiple Levels Engineer – Trade Floor and Transmission #82203
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: May 9, 2016
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Puget Sound Energy’s Energy Delivery Department is looking for an Engineer to join our team! This opening will be filled as a Senior Engineer, Engineer, Associate Engineer, or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) depending on qualification of the selected candidate.
This position supports the Trade Floor and PSE’s Transmission Group. The ideal candidate manages the BPA relationship, transmission contracts, transmission requests, interconnection requests and large generator interconnection agreements. Performing power flow studies to prepare PSE marketing for possible curtailments that affect daily operations are also a key responsibility of this position. There will be opportunities to engage in regional transmission related policy, such as ColumbiaGrid, BPA and NWPP. This Engineer supports PSE rate case filings, assists in PSE’s IRP and RFP processes, and fulfills transmission related data requests for all filings and audits.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or other appropriate engineering field
- Substantial experience in planning, design, specification preparation, maintenance, project cost estimating and scheduling (typically achieved after 7 years’ practice as a degreed engineer)
- Demonstrated organization, documentation, prioritization, and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge and understanding of merchant transmission contracts, FERC generator interconnection process and FERC OATT
- Working knowledge of balancing authority and transmission system operations
- Knowledge of Western Interconnection, BPA and Northwest energy policy issues, BPA transmission policies
- Understanding of merchant transmission needs in the context of long-term resource planning, IRP and RFP processes
- Understanding of the Pacific Northwest Regional transmission system
- Experience using PowerWorld powerflow software
- Possession of or ability to acquire a Professional Engineering license
- Knowledge of engineering economics and analysis
- Experience working on complex engineering projects
How to Apply:
In order to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your application online at http://www.pse.com/careers
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.
Posting End Date: June 8, 2016