At Puget Sound Energy (PSE) we have a long tradition of service, and an exciting and innovative future ahead!
Consider PSE for the next step in your career.
Multiple Levels Electric System Transmission Engineer #76701
Puget Sound Energy’s Electric System Engineering (Electric Transmission/Distribution) Department is looking for an Engineer to join our engineering team. This position will be filled as an Engineer, Associate Engineer or Engineer in Training depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
The Engineer shall possess a broad range of experience, expertise and understanding of engineering topics especially related to transmission design and construction. Solutions typically provided by the engineer may involve complex issues, requiring interpretation of requirements, application of advanced analytical techniques and non-standard solutions.
The position requires substantial experience developing permit and construction drawings for new and existing pole re-locations, thermal up-rates, reconductoring, communication siting & services, underground and overhead system projects. The engineer shall provide professional engineering service and support in the planning, construction, operation, maintenance, and analysis of PSE electrical transmission facilities and assets.
Working understanding of PSE, industry, state, and municipal standards is essential. The candidate should have the ability to create and support schedules and coordinate major segments of complex projects to meet cost and time objectives along with design reviews to ensure compliance with design criteria, construction and department standards.
The successful candidate should demonstrate they are well experienced in transmission calculations, reports, technical specifications and cost estimates. Additionally, an ideal candidate should demonstrate their ability to support internal and external customer needs and requirements. The ability to communicate effectively, clearly and concisely, both verbally and written to diverse audiences is desirable.
The candidate should have the flexibility to deal with shifting budgets and priorities; the ability and resiliency to adapt to changes; and a personality that promotes optimism and synergy.
The candidate is expected to support emergency response work as requested including immediate and extended restoration efforts driven by weather and other system failures.
This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within PSE to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live. PSE provides an environment where all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to achieve maximum performance. We offer a comprehensive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan and an employee assistance and wellness program. Gain the energy to do great things through a career with Puget Sound Energy!
ENGINEER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Civil or other appropriate engineering field.
- 3-7 years of experience in engineering design, preparation of specifications, technical field work, or system studies.
- Experience in project cost estimating or scheduling.
- Organization, documentation, prioritization, and project management skills.
- PLS CADD and/or Sag 10 software applications.
- Experience working with NESC code.
- 3-7 years of experience in engineering design, preparation of specifications, construction interfacing or system studies.
- Organization, documentation, prioritization, and project engineering skills.
- Experience with Electrical 115kV and 230 kV overhead transmission construction practices.
- Possession of EIT certificate and ability to acquire a Professional Engineering license.
- Knowledge of engineering economics and analysis.
- Experience working on complex engineering projects.
- Leadership and mentoring experience
- Understanding of Quality Management and processes
- Experience in Process Improvement (example: Six Sigma)
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.