JOB TYPE: UNION/ REGULAR FULL-TIME
SALARY: $48.00/HOUR (Increases 4/1/2021 to $49.43/Hour)
*This position will remain open until filled*
Modern Electric Water Company is a customer owned, not-for profit corporation, engaged in providing high quality, economical electric and water utility services for the benefit of residents and businesses in the Spokane Valley.
Modern Electric Water Company is searching for full-time Journeyman Lineman to join our team. This full-time Journeyman Lineman position receives a competitive salary commensurate with experience and position responsibilities. Our linemen are responsible for the construction, maintenance, operations, and outage restoration on the cooperative’s distribution facilities. The position also involves climbing poles, considerable walking and standing, frequent lifting, exposure to weather extremes and after hours response to system outages.
As a full-time journeyman lineman, you would be eligible for an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, a 457 deferred compensation plan with a company match provision, paid holidays and paid personal time off. If this sounds like the career opportunity that you have been looking for, apply today!
How to Apply:
Interested individuals must submit a Modern Electric Water Company Employment Application and a current resume. We ask that you please include a cover letter indicating why you are interested in this position and what you can contribute based upon your experience. Please forward your resume, application and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Journeyman Lineman as the subject line. Resumes, applications, and cover letters may also be sent to Modern Electric Water Company, Human Resources Dept., P.O. BOX 14008, Spokane Valley, WA 99214.
Application for employment can be found here: https://modernelectricwater.com/careers/
Education & Qualification Requirements:
· Minimum age of 18.
· High school diploma or its equivalent.
· Completion of an accredited apprenticeship program recognized by the Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee and the I.B.E.W.
· Possess and maintain a valid unrestricted Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake and Trailer endorsements
· Electrical theory and construction including rigging; overhead and underground construction standards.
· State laws governing construction.
· Current First aid/ CPR and flagger’s card (or the ability to obtain one within 30 days)
· Member in good standing of the IBEW.
· Familiar with W.A.C. 296-45 standards and certified in OSHA 1910.269 training
· Must be able to work various shifts, standby duties (on call) and over time as required, including weekends and holidays
· Ability to perform essential duties in an environment that entails a variety of weather conditions and extreme temperatures.
· Must live within twenty (20) miles and thirty (30) minutes of Modern’s headquarters
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) under Title 49 CFR Part 382 and Part 40. Any applicant/employee who is licensed and would operate a commercial vehicle for the Company will be subject to drug and alcohol testing under the Company’s FMCSA drug and alcohol testing programs. Any employment, transfer, or promotion offer made for this position is contingent upon taking and passing a drug test prior to the commencement of the new role. If an applicant/employee fails the drug test, any offer of employment, transfer, or promotion will be revoked.
Modern Electric Water Company’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Modern Electric Water Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, gender, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or mental disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, or any other factor protected by anti-discrimination laws.
Modern Electric Water Company will make reasonable accommodation to assist a qualified person with a disability in the job application, interview process, and to perform the essential functions of the job whenever possible, where undue hardship would not be created for Modern Electric Water Company. If you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact Human Resources via email at email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org