Website Modern Electric Water Company
JOB TYPE: UNION/ REGULAR FULL-TIME
This position will remain open until filled.
Modern Electric Water Company (Modern) is a customer owned, not-for profit corporation, engaged in providing high quality, economical electric and water utility services for the benefit of residents and businesses in the Spokane Valley.
Modern Electric Water Company is searching for a full-time Journeyman Lineman to join our team. This full-time Journeyman Lineman position receives a competitive salary commensurate with experience and position responsibilities. Our linemen are responsible for the construction, maintenance, operations, and outage restoration on the cooperative’s distribution facilities. The position also involves climbing poles, considerable walking and standing, frequent lifting, exposure to weather extremes and after-hours response to system outages as well as customer inquiries.
As a full-time journeyman lineman, you would be eligible for an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, a 457 deferred compensation plan with a company match provision, paid holidays and paid personal time off. If this sounds like the career opportunity that you have been looking for, apply today!
How to Apply:
Interested individuals must submit a Modern Electric Water Company Employment Application and a current resume. We ask that you please include a cover letter indicating why you are interested in this position and what you can contribute, based upon your experience and education. Please forward your resume, application and cover letter via email to email@example.com with Journeyman Lineman as the subject line. Resumes, applications, and cover letters may also be sent to Modern Electric Water Company, Human Resources Dept., P.O. BOX 14008, Spokane Valley, WA 99214.
Hiring Process: After review of initial applications, selected applicants will be contacted for additional information and possible interview. Final applicants will be required to provide a driving abstract, pre-employment physical and drug screening.
Education & Qualification Requirements:
- Minimum age of 18.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Completion of an accredited apprenticeship program recognized by the Joint Apprenticeship Training Committee and the I.B.E.W.
- Possess and maintain a valid unrestricted Class A Commercial Driver’s License with Air Brake and Trailer endorsements
- Electrical theory and construction including rigging; overhead and underground construction standards.
- State laws governing construction.
- Current First aid/ CPR and flagger’s card Washington State Flagger Card or the ability to acquire within 1 year
- Member in good standing of the IBEW.
- Familiar with W.A.C. 296-45 standards and certified in OSHA 1910.269 training
- Must be able to work various shifts, standby duties (on call) and over time as required, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to perform essential duties in an environment that entails a variety of weather conditions and extreme temperatures.
- Must live within twenty (20) miles and thirty (30) minutes of Modern’s headquarters
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) under Title 49 CFR Part 382 and Part 40. Any applicant who is licensed and would operate a commercial vehicle for the Company will be subject to motor vehicle record check as well as drug and alcohol testing under the Company’s FMCSA drug and alcohol testing programs. Any offer of employment made for this position is contingent upon successfully completing and passing all pre-employment screenings.
Modern Electric Water Company’s Commitment to Equal Opportunity
Modern Electric Water Company does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Modern is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence.
Modern Electric Water Company is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. For more information or to request disability accommodation in the application process please contact Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-928-4540.
This announcement is meant only as a general descriptive recruitment guide. It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract and is not a complete description of the job.
To apply for this job please visit modernelectricwater.com.