Company Name: PacifiCorp
Job Title: Mid Office Risk Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Energy Services / Energy Efficiency
Posting Start Date: March 28, 2017
Salary: $60,900 - $78,000
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Mid Office Risk Analyst
Conducts analysis through research, gathering and interpretation of data, development of alternatives and recommendations. Provide interpretation of complex contracts and contract models. Provide support for PacifiCorp Energys commercial and trading activities for natural gas, power, and energy derivative portfolio. Present analysis and recommendations to management, and may implement selected alternatives.
- Prepare accurate position, mark-to-market, and other risk reports through strict adherence to established processes and controls.
- Perform, validate, and report upon periodic updates of inputs and contract parameters.
- Reconcile daily and quarterly movements in key risk metrics.
- Prepare and maintain comprehensive documentation for mid office models and processes.
- Identify, investigate, resolve, and document errors, inconsistencies, or abnormalities in data.
- Develop a strong understanding of PacifiCorp’s commodity portfolio and energy trading system and leverage knowledge to support all energy management and risk management activities.
- Design, operate, and maintain tools and procedures to improve data accuracy, validation, and reporting.
- Complete special analyses which generally include collection and preparation of data, analyses using spreadsheets and other tools, and presentation and documentation of results.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of three years of related experience in a quantitative or analytical role.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office for preparation and communication of analyses, including experience with the creation, maintenance, and validation of Excel spreadsheets using lookup and reference logic, formatting, and pivot tables.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to consult with internal and external customers regarding issues that may be sensitive and complex in nature.
- Ability to work with all levels of an organization, including people with different styles and backgrounds.
- Ability to work productively both individually and as a member of a team.
- Motivated self-starter and problem solver with strong attention to detail.
- Experience in energy, regulated utility, commodity trading, or risk management industries.
- Experience with OpenLink energy trading system.
- Proficiency in Visual Basic programming.
Posting End Date: April 27, 2017