Company Name: Modesto Irrigation District
Phone Number: (209) 526-7341
Job Title: Metering Test Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Metermen
Posting Start Date: March 16, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
The Modesto Irrigation District is currently recruiting to fill one full-time regular position to perform all Meter/Transformer work, specify needed equipment and perform various other technical functions as required.
Duties may include, but not limited to the following:
- Install, maintain, calibrate, test and repair metering equipment, AMI communication equipment, transformers, re-closers, oil and vacuum switches, electrical and electronic instruments;
- Test high voltage insulating tools and equipment, LTC transformers, capacitors and high voltage underground cables;
- Install, maintain, test and repair load management equipment;
- Troubleshoot HVAC systems;
- Inspects equipment installations for compliance with District Safety Rules and Metering Standards;
- Investigate and make reports on energy diversion cases;
- Coordinate disposal of PCB contaminated materials in compliance with state and federal regulations;
- Collects data from metering installations with portable indicating and recording instruments;
- Calibrate and repair shop and field “watthour standards” using “precision standard watthour instruments” and related equipment;
- Prepare records and test reports.
Other Related Duties
Other duties as assigned.
Any combination of education, experience, knowledge and abilities may satisfy the necessary minimum qualifications. A typical way to obtain the education, experience, knowledge and abilities would be:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Associate’s Degree in engineering, electrical theory, or a related field is preferred.
Experience: Successful completion of a 42-month apprenticeship program or equivalent program in electric power system metering.
- Principles and methods, materials, tools, equipment, computers, terminology, mathematics (including trigonometry) associated with typical duties; basic electrical and electronic theory and vector analysis; District Safety and Service Rules, department policies and procedures.
- Read electrical schematics and diagrams; work cooperatively with other employees and the public.
Special Requirements: Must have a valid California Class C drivers license.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants must submit a completed District application. A resume describing experience and qualifications for the position is recommended. APPLY IMMEDIATELY. The position is open until filled. Screening of applications will begin on or after, Friday, March 31, 2017. Applications received after this date are not guaranteed consideration.
Applications will be reviewed on a comparative basis and only those most qualified will be invited to continue in the selection process which will consist of an overall assessment of the individual’s skills through (1) written exam; (2) oral interview; and (3) contacting of references to include current and former supervisors. The applicant must perform successfully in each phase of the testing in order to continue in the selection process.
Applications and detailed job description available at www.mid.org/careers
The Modesto Irrigation District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Posting End Date: April 12, 2017