This position part-time position will work a minimum of 30 hours per week and will require travel between offices in Coos and Curry Counties. Great benefit package with a 4/10 work week.
The Member Services Representative (MSR) provides courteous and efficient service to existing and prospective members in all aspects of their relationship with the Cooperative. The MSR performs clerical duties, revenue collection, communication services and participates as an individual and team member in community relations and member service programs.
Essential Job Functions (Reason position exists is to perform these functions)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Member Services 80%
Interact with members and others in a courteous, tactful, professional, and compassionate manner:
1. Assist new members in obtaining service from the cooperative by providing information and education on pertinent information.
2. Prepare service orders for job requirements to include, but not limited to, service connects, disconnects, and transfers, meter changes and trouble reports, and assign to appropriate personnel.
3. Use effective problem-solving and communication skills in answering questions about high bills, energy conservation, billing errors and other cooperative programs, policies and procedures.
4. Promote member service programs, including Touchstone Energy, Co-op Connections, and high bill resolution and energy conservation.
5. Collect delinquent accounts with compassion and empathy.
Operational Support 20%
1. Coordinate communications between the office and field personnel for outages, collections, substation entry, etc.
2. Coordinate effort to obtain missed reads and verify meter reading accuracy.
3. Maintain petty cash with accurate documentation of receipts and reimbursements.
4. Receive and post payments, new membership fees and other miscellaneous payments.
5. Balance cash daily and prepare and deliver bank deposits according to established procedures.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Member/Client Focus.
2. Problem Solving/Analysis.
4. Teamwork Capacity.
5. Communication Proficiency.
6. Technical Capacity.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a part-time position, and typical work hours are Monday through Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Coos-Curry Electric Cooperative operates on a four/ten work schedule. This position will work a minimum of 30 hours per week. Location is dependent on business needs.
Ability to travel to the different district offices required. Occasional travel to training seminars and/or conferences.