Company Name: Peninsula Light Company
Phone Number: (253) 857-5950
City: Gig Harbor
Job Title: Member Services Representative
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: October 4, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
This position assists customers in person and by telephone by providing accurate electrical and water account information in a fast-paced office environment. Establish new accounts, close accounts, make payment arrangements, maintain related records and files, prepare and process billings, process payments, and uphold confidentiality in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. The individual must possess superior communication and interpersonal skills. The position reports to the Member Services Manager, who evaluates work through review of reports and observation of daily activities.
This is a non-supervisory position.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Assist customers in person and by telephone to establish or discontinue electrical and water services, produce final bills, make payment arrangements on delinquent balances, enter notes on accounts, answer questions and complaints on billings. Provide accurate information according to departmental policies and procedures; uphold confidentiality.
- Calculate and produce bills for unbilled charges and fees in an accurate and timely manner. Prepare letters, maintain files and uphold confidentiality on Revenue Recovery accounts. Explain policies, procedures and calculations to irate customers in a tactful and courteous manner.
- Process electrical, water and membership payments into cash register, which includes accurately giving change back to customer.
- Communicate with customers in a courteous and tactful manner under stressful situations
- Compile and prepare disconnect list. Dispatch field representatives to disconnect/reconnect meters throughout the day by 2-way radio while maintaining status of accounts.
- Read, understand and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures; file, maintain records, prepare reports, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with unlimited interruptions.
- Maintain and track monthly meter reading schedule. Determine routes to be read the following day; download them into meter reading devices. Upload completed routes for billing.
- Operate ten-key calculator, computer, copier, 2-way radio, cash register, bill inserter, credit card, and other related office machines to accomplish key responsibilities.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships in a team atmosphere with co-workers, supervisors, and customers.
- Create new accounts from Service Orders, attaching meter and transformer information.
- Prepare and produce monthly bills according to schedule. Review consumption reports for unusual usage, request verify reads, produce delinquency notices.
- Process and record newly purchased memberships, transfers and refunds.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of basic principles and practices of customer service and accounting; knowledge of collection procedures is required.
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with customers and co-workers in a courteous and tactful manner under stressful situations.
- Ability to read, understand and consistently apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work in an organized manner.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; understand and follow verbal and written instructions; file and maintain records, prepare reports and uphold confidentiality.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and customers.
- Working knowledge of Computers and software systems; ten-key proficiency.
- Ability to make decisions independently, as this position has the authority to make payment arrangements on delinquent accounts in accordance with our departmental policy.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Work is performed in an office environment subject to extensive public contact and unlimited interruptions. May be subjected to stressful situations and verbal abuse from irate customers. The position requires considerable oral and written communication skills, deals with visually presented material and requires extensive computer input. As a result, persons with severe limitations in eyesight, hearing, speech, or limited hand mobility may be unable to perform the essential functions of this job.
High school diploma or certified equivalent required. Typically, two (2) years of general office experience in customer service and one (1) year of experience in accounting/finance or related field is required. Experience working at a Utility preferred. A combination of education and experience providing the applicant with the skills, knowledge and abilities required to perform the key responsibilities of the job may be considered. Computer software programs proficiency and 10-key by touch required.
How to Apply:
Click on View Opportunities
Select Member Services Representative
Create a Profile, Fill Out Application, Upload Cover Letter/Resume
Posting End Date: November 4, 2017