Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., a generation and distribution utility serving 57 villages in Alaska, is seeking a Member Services Manager.
Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Position: Member Services Manager
Department: Member Relations
Location: Anchorage, AK
Wage Range: 22
Travel: ess than 10%
Supervisor: President & CEO
This position promotes and supports AVEC’s mission, objectives and strategic plan through management of member related processes. Promotes a positive member-oriented environment to enhance internal and external customer service. Oversees monthly receivables, electric account billing, procedures and reporting, as well as complex bill calculation. Manages member roster (active and non-active). Oversees capital credit allocation, retirement and associated reporting and account maintenance as governed by policy and Alaska Statute. Oversees collections, bad debt, and write off processes. Oversees all community meeting planning, preparation, and recordkeeping to ensure successful annual meetings. Responsible for cooperative annual meeting planning, preparation and coordination. Manages scholarship program administration. Performs all other duties and analyses as needed by the CEO.
- Direct all daily customer service and electric service accounts functions of the cooperative
- Produce the month end sales and revenue reports and general ledger sales entries
- Direct all customer accounting activities including: energy and member services billing, sales reports, collections, capital credit allocations, and refunds within limits of approved policies
- Maintain good relationships with all appropriate regulatory authorities/agencies through an understanding of their regulations and policies
- Obtain accurate recording of sales using AMI technology
- Analyze data and develop system improvements for service, process, and member records using database query tools
- Oversee metering activity and coordinate field activities to address reported issues
- Manage staff responsible for providing front line service to AVEC members
- Oversee collection activities to ensure proper collection procedures, rules, and regulations are followed while recovering revenue
- Manage administration of new customers or communities: set-up, billing, collections, customer inquires
- Provide guidance and direction for Member Services department personnel in situations which are complex, out of the ordinary, and/or without precedent
- Handle customer service events of the most complex and sensitive nature and make independent decisions to reach satisfactory resolution
- Manage Call Center activities: coach, direct, and evaluate department employees and set standards of excellence for call center personnel
- Analyze data and prepare reports for the President and CEO on electric accounts, sales, trends, collections, and other billed revenue areas
- Direct and oversee an up-to-date member roll, including established records and reports conferring active and non-active memberships
- Conduct random cash drawer audit(s), as required
- Prepare reports for the CEO and Board of Directors
- Serve as an in-house employee trainer for consumer accounting, computer functions, and electric sales
- Establish procedures for member service representative functions relating to: cash processing, daily report(s), and business transactions for uniformity in the company
- Train and provide continuing instruction to personnel on proper customer service
- Perform all other: duties, reports or analysis as needed by the President and CEO
Education: Bachelor Degree
Experience: 10 years at similar complexity or responsibility.
Areas of Experience:
10 years of similarly complex progressive work experience with a utility or allied industry in customer service, member accounts, and/or consumer financial accounting. Minimum of 5 years overseeing and managing the work of a team in a utilities or member related area. Must have experience reviewing and manipulating data and systems to ensure efficiency and support reporting efforts (database query work and associated activities).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to effectively communicate with members, employees and associated software vendors to provide quality customer service
- Shows concern for quality, accuracy and completeness of own work and those who they work with
- Interpersonal skills sufficient to establish trust and credibility internally and externally
- Adapts to change quickly and easily
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties and responsibilities of the job
- Must have considerable skill in effectively dealing with a variety of people under difference and sometimes difficult circumstances.
- Shows willingness to learn new methods, procedures, or techniques to improve department or the cooperative
- Must be able to interpret Bylaws, Policy, Tariff, and Statues as it pertains to department activities
- Professionalism and ability to adapt in diverse environment to maintain a positive work environment
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and other computer related software, metering software experience as well as experience using XML
- Skilled in performing moderately complex mathematical and analytical review of member data, billing trends, and metering success
- Creates opportunities or minimizes potential problems by anticipating and preparing for these in advance
- Works to build a sense of common purpose across all work groups, avoiding a “we versus them” attitude
- Knowledge of personnel and management relations to maintain a qualified workforce and good public relations
- Fulfills commitments made to peers, co-workers and supervisors
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Excellent planning, organizing, and prioritizing skills
- High-degree of flexibility to meet multiple and changing priorities
AVEC provides a stellar benefit package and a competitive salary, salary is DOE. Standard pre-employment drug and alcohol screening are required. Submit completed application and resume to Alaska Village Electric Cooperative, Inc., 4831 Eagle Street, Anchorage, AK 99503-7497. Click HERE to download an application.
Closes June 22, 2018