Company Name: Chelan County PUD
Phone Number: 509-661-8498
Job Title: Mechanical Superintendent
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: July 10, 2018
Salary: $94,424 - $125,900 (DOQ)
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 5
Work Time Type: Days
Direct and supervise the activities of the Central Maintenance Hydro Mechanics in accordance with the objectives and policies of the District. The incumbent is responsible for achieving efficient and economical construction and maintenance of the District Generation facilities, fish facilities and the distribution systems substations and switchyards; provides maintenance and construction support to the District’s other departments and additional external customers as required.
1. Direct and supervise the activities of the Central Maintenance Hydro Mechanics to ensure that assigned work is completed in a safe, cost effective, and productive manner. Provide counseling, coaching, and development opportunities, and evaluate work performance in accordance with established procedures and written expectations.
2. Plan, schedule, and coordinate the CM department’s mechanical maintenance and capital projects for Central Maintenance customers, including Hydro generating facilities at Chelan, Rocky Reach, Stehekin and Rock Island, switchyards, Distribution Substations, the District’s six communication sites, the fisheries’ six hatchery facilities and for additional internal and external customers.
3. Visit all assigned projects and crew sites; inspect work and discuss project status, estimates vs. actuals, resource allocation and project requirements with the assigned Foreman. Participate in other departmental meetings concerning mechanical/electrical projects, personnel issues, etc.
4. Develop and administer Central Maintenance mechanical budgets for the different Central Maintenance customer projects listed above. Approve and review all purchases for electrical equipment, tools and spare parts as requested by the Mechanics.
5. Ensure the development of required equipment and materials standards, develop and administer work procedures for the District’s electrical and mechanical equipment, and ensure that the maintenance work histories are completed. Ensure that prints, manufacturer’s manuals and other documents are complete and appropriately filed. Act as duty supervisor and handle after hours’ emergencies as required.
6. Drive a motorized vehicle while conducting business on behalf of the District.
Directly supervises approximately (25) employees in the CM Mechanical Dept. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Journeyman certification or bachelor’s degree (B. S., B. A.) from a college or university in Engineering, Business Administration or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Typically requires a minimum of five (5) years’ skilled trade, professional, and/or supervisory work experience in power plant operations, maintenance and/or engineering. Candidates with power plant mechanical maintenance experience are strongly preferred. Candidates with two (2) or more years of successful supervisory experience are preferred. Candidates demonstrating initiative in leadership roles such as a planner, project leader, temporary superintendent, foreman, shop steward, or safety representative are desired.
How to Apply:
Apply on line at: http://www.chelanpud.org/about-us/careers
If applying, applicants must provide a resume, and cover letter specifically addressing interest in the community and company. The cover letter must be no more than two pages and must also address the following:
- Describe how your education/experience relates to the supervision of a medium to large hydroelectric power plant, and include specific field experience.
- Describe what challenges you expect to encounter in the first year of this employment and what you plan to do to meet those challenges.
To expedite the process, combine your cover letter and resume into one PDF or WORD document BEFORE APPLYING and upload electronically when requested in the online application process. Incomplete materials will not be considered.
Posting End Date: July 26, 2018