Company Name: Bonneville Power Adminstration
Phone Number: (503) 230-3230
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Number of Openings: 14
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: June 22, 2018
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Hiring Organization: Bonneville Power Administration
Job Announcement Number: DOE-BPA-18-12825-DE/MP
SALARY RANGE: $98,317.00 to $133,611.00
OPEN PERIOD: 06/22/18 – 07/06/2018
POSITION INFORMATION: Full-Time Permanent
DUTY LOCATIONS: Portland OR, Pasco, WA, Seattle, WA, Spokane, WA
WHO MAY APPLY: https://www.bpa.gov/careers/Pages/default.aspx
Open to all US Citizens
The Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) is a federal power marketing administration (PMA) that sells wholesale electricity from 31 federal dams, and one nuclear plant, providing about one-third of the electricity used in the Pacific Northwest. BPA operates three-fourths of the region’s high-voltage transmission grid and manages one of the largest fish and wildlife restoration programs in the world. Altogether, BPA is a $4 billion per year enterprise that recovers its operating costs and capital investments in power and transmission assets through the sale of power and transmission products that are priced to recover all associated costs. BPA headquarters is located in Portland, Oregon.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will:
- Serve as a technical lead and/or highly knowledgeable technical specialist and nationally recognized technical expert in the area of energy efficiency, integrated demand-side management, conservation acquisition and experts in end use of electricity and is consulted by other engineers and managers for advice and assistance within their areas of expertise by national and regional experts as well as internal staff at all levels of the agency.
- Plan and coordinate programs or projects requiring innovation and originality. Apply advanced technical expertise on engineering, quality control reviews of engineering analysis, and regulatory topics.
- Devise methods and procedures which are accepted by management and adopted for use to become the activity’s established precedent and which may be adopted for use by others including outside entities.
- Review, evaluate, and advise on the effectiveness, technical adequacy, and suitability of work of other engineers or technical specialists from in-house organizations, other agencies, industry leaders, or Architect-Engineering (AE) firms under contract to resolve complicated and critical problems in specialized areas.
Conditions Of Employment
- You must be a United States Citizen.
- This employer participates in the e-Verify program.
- See “Other Information” section regarding Selective Service requirements.
- When you apply you will be asked a series of questions to determine your eligibility for employment and your qualification for this position specifically. You must answer all of these questions completely and truthfully.
- A preliminary background check must be completed before a new employee can begin work. Current Federal employees or other individuals with an existing completed background investigation may not be required to undergo another background check.
How to Apply:
NOTE: Please refer to complete vacancy announcement at: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/PrintPreview/503153000 to view qualification requirements, guidelines on how to apply, and detailed information on this position.
To be considered for this position, you must submit a complete application no later than 11:59pm (Eastern Time) on 07/06/2018.
Posting End Date: July 6, 2018