Company Name: Bonneville Power Administration
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer GS-0830-12 and GS-0830-13 (PEJD)
Number of Openings: up to 6
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: June 6, 2016
Salary: $74,950.00 to $117,374.00
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Duty Location: Portland, OR & Seattle, WA (up to 3 vacancies per location)
This position is located in the Engineering Services (PEJD) organization of Program Implementation Energy Efficiency, Power Services, Bonneville Power Administration (BPA). As part of the Power Services organization, Energy Efficiency (EE) fosters and promotes the efficient use of energy by working with allies and partners and administers BPA’s conservation acquisition contracts, provides technical and administrative support for BPA’s market transformation activities, and produces and delivers energy efficiency programs, products, and services.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will:
- Serve as the nationally and regionally recognized technical expert for the Commercial technical initiative and is consulted by other engineers and managers for advice and assistance within this area of expertise by national and regional experts as well as internal BPA staff at all levels of the BPA
- Plan and coordinates programs or projects requiring innovation and originality.
- Review, evaluate, and advise on the effectiveness, technical adequacy, and suitability of work of other engineers or technical specialists from in-house organizations, other agencies, industry leaders, or Architect-Engineering (AE) firms under contract to resolve complicated and critical problems in specialized areas.
- Make critical analyses and evaluations of the ramifications and advisability of EE programs designed to deliver conservation acquisition to the region and/or large engineering projects such as modification of major facilities or systems to meet new and considerably more demanding performance requirements.
- Plan and coordinate various phases of work, establishes priorities and sequence, and determines available resources to apportion to the different phases.
- You must be a United States Citizen
- New appointees must successfully complete a 1 year probationary period
- Field work will require frequent same day travel to customer or end-user sites. There may be occasional exposure to moderate risks or discomforts in commercial/industrial storage areas or hazardous waste sites.
NOTE: This position is being advertised under both Delegated Examining (All US Citizens) and Merit Promotion (Status Candidates).
Posting End Date: July 5, 2016