Company Name: Kootenai Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Phone Number: (208) 292-3263
Job Title: Mechanic
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Mechanics
Posting Start Date: November 21, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
Purpose: The purpose of the mechanic position is to provide maintenance of the fleet equipment.
1. Diagnose problems with equipment. Effects repairs to same.
2. Maintain gas and diesel powered equipment.
3. Fabricate new equipment and modifications to existing equipment.
4. Maintain fleet records including, but not limited to, maintenance work to be done, maintenance work done, fuel consumption and spare parts inventory.
5. May fill non-lineman positions, as needed, after Kootenai Electric Cooperative has provided employee qualified training.
6. Provide maintenance and care of all facilities and grounds on a case-by-case basis.
7. Repair tools, as needed.
8. Provide backup to freight deliveries; use forklift to unload and move freight to storage areas in the yard, warehouse and shop.
9. May direct activities of personnel in equal or lower classification, including assisting in training apprentices.
10. Communication, Teamwork and Interpersonal Skills
a. Keeps others informed. Reports and written communication are clear, timely and relevant. Clear, correct verbal communication. Good listener, tries to understand others. Effective in communicating with varied groups or individuals.
b. Enthusiastic team worker, helps others, promotes harmony among fellow workers, team members, supervisors and customers. Responds well to suggestions and criticism. Adapts easily to change, reacts well to additional or different assignments. Actions consistent with objectives and goals of the team and the Cooperative.
11. Perform other duties as directed or required.
a. High school diploma.
b. One year trade school with emphasis in automotive mechanics or 5 years as a service mechanic.
2. Knowledge and Skill
a. Strong mechanical aptitude.
b. Good understanding of automotive electronics.
c. Ability to use a variety of tools including, but not limited to, air, hydraulic and electrically power hand tools.
d. Welding experience.
e. Automotive air conditioning diagnostic and repair.
f. Fluid-power certification preferred.
g. Must have the ability to use the computer, two-way radio, pickup, line truck and forklift.
h. Must have a valid driver’s license with a commercial driver’s license class A (CDL) endorsement, current driver medical certificate.
i. Must acquire and maintain a first-aid/CPR card and be a qualified fork lift operator.
j. Must have a solid knowledge of math, such as percentages and fractions.
k. Must be flexible, organized, decisive and able to take the initiative in problem-solving.
l. Must demonstrate the ability and personality to effectively promote a pleasant working atmosphere among associates.
3. Time Requirements:
a. As necessary, respond to emergency call out and perform work within scope of abilities.
4. Mental Demands:
a. Must be able to work under stressful conditions and time constraints.
5. Working Conditions
a. Work is performed in a variety of indoor and outdoor settings, including office, warehouse, yard and community settings with employees.
b. Must be willing and able to accept duty calls at any time of the day or night and in various outside weather conditions.
c. Work requires using equipment that if not used in the proscribed manner may cause injuries.
d. Chemicals and other substances are used in this position that if not used properly and with the provided safety equipment may cause injuries.
e. Travel may be required.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates must complete a KEC employment application and supporting materials, available at www.kec.com. Mail to: HR Manager, Kootenai Electric Cooperative, Inc., 2451 W. Dakota Ave., Hayden, Idaho 83835, or fax to HR Department at (208) 762-8154.
Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. December 8, 2017 to be considered.
Posting End Date: December 21, 2017