The Engineering Designer provides the highest level of customer service while working with customers, agencies, and operations to process requests and provide guided assistance in the design, construction, and maintenance of the electrical distribution system.Additional Information:
· Review customer plans and advise customers on technical requirements and options pertaining to their request for service. Comply with utility policies, fee schedules, and design/construction parameters.
· Make pro-active customer contact and foster good relations with customers and contractors in performance of customer-related duties.
· Conduct on-site investigations to examine electrical service status and requirements.
· Perform functions required prior to project construction including obtaining necessary easements; site surveys; staking; preparing applications for permits; coordinating with the purchasing department for the purchase of materials for larger or unusual projects; and presenting instructions during job shows.
Knowledge Skills/ Experience Required:
· Preference given to A.T.A. in engineering (electrical, civil, mechanical) or other technical field.
· Have the ability to interact in a courteous and respectful manner with the general public and use excellent human relations skills as a representative of the District.
· Knowledge in the use of surveying equipment, ability to read and interpret drawings, maps, legal documents, surveys, and property descriptions.
· Must have the ability to understand the District’s engineering standards, policies, materials, specifications, and procedures.
Mason County PUD 3 is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.