Website Mason PUD 3
Mason PUD 3 provides safe and reliable energy to meet our community’s needs. The Field Services Engineering team creates work plans and engineering designs for the upgrade and maintenance of the electric distribution system to ensure we meet the high standards our customers expect. This includes exciting and varying projects such as the replacement of underground cable; upgrading aging electrical equipment; staking new distribution feeders; and helping customers sort out issues with their existing power service.
The Engineering Designer provides the highest level of customer service while working with customers, agencies, and operations to process requests and provide guided assistance in the design, construction, and maintenance of the electrical distribution system.
- Analyze existing utility facilities to determine the best plan for economical upgrades to meet the PUD’s safety and reliability standards.
- Review customer plans and advise customers on technical requirements and options pertaining to their electrical service. Comply with utility policies, fee schedules, and design/construction parameters.
- Make pro-active customer contact and foster good relations with customers and contractors in performance of duties.
- Conduct on-site investigations to examine property restraints, environmental considerations, existing electrical and telecommunications infrastructure, and requirements.
- Perform functions required prior to project construction including obtaining necessary easements; site surveys; staking; preparing applications for permits; work order creation; crafting proposals; coordinating work with operations; and presenting instructions during job shows.
Knowledge Skills/ Experience Required:
- Preference given to A.T.A. in engineering (electrical, civil, mechanical) or other technical field.
- Have the ability to interact in a courteous and respectful manner with the general public and internal team members, and use excellent human relations skills as a representative of the District.
- Knowledge in use of surveying equipment, ability to read and interpret drawings, maps, legal documents, surveys and property descriptions.
- Must have the ability to understand the District’s engineering standards, policies, materials, specifications, and procedures.
Mason County PUD 3 is an equal opportunity employer.
To obtain a full job description please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.pud3.org.