Company Name: Oregon Trail Electric Cooperative
Phone Number: (541) 524-2832
City: Baker City
Job Title: Manager of Safety and Loss Control
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: November 8, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 5
Work Time Type: Days
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement, and monitor a safety and loss control program which provides for the maximum in protection for the Cooperative’s employees, its members, and the general public and environment.
- Coordinate monthly safety meeting programs and schedule employee training programs including, but not limited to, pole top and bucket rescue, CPR, and first aid.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state agencies’ regulations with regard to hazardous waste, Hazard Communication Program and the Community Right to Know Act. Maintain compliance and training documentation associated with safety, hazardous waste and hazardous communication.
- Ensure accurate and prompt reporting and investigation of all accidents, unsafe conditions, and damage to OTEC property; maintain related records.
- Monitor risk management of liabilities related to contractual agreements.
- Review and process liability and workers’ compensation claims.
- Develop, maintain, and conduct the Cooperative’s safety education program for members and others. This program shall include classroom presentations for school children, fire departments, police departments, and other organizations associated with public safety.
- Write new Cooperative safety related procedures when necessary and review and update existing ones when needed.
- Prepare all annual reports such as OSHA 300, ZOVA, State Fire Marshall and Haz Mat.
- Propose and recommend policies, procedures, and corrective measures with regard to safety on all commonly encountered hazards inherent to the Cooperative’s operation.
- Develop and maintain guidelines for safety committees and accident investigation teams.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management which may be substituted for a minimum of seven years’ experience in utility line work and advanced training/education in a related field beyond a high school diploma.
- This salaried position requires that the employee has no restrictions on hours of work and travel.
- May be required to assume supervisory “on-call” duties.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license is required. (Class A Commercial Driver’s License, CDL preferred.)
- Must pass pre-employment drug screening.
Training and Experience:
- Expert knowledge of safety and regulatory considerations in connection with electric distribution and transmission systems.
- Experience and a thorough understanding of OSHA, NESC, NERC reliability and DEQ hazardous waste regulations are very important.
- A journeyman lineman background is a high priority to be able to understand the complexities of this position.
- Experience presenting to large audiences and excellent written and oral communication skills are desired.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint as well as experience creating and managing a budget.
- Very strong oral and written communication skills are necessary and utilized on a regular basis.
How to Apply:
Excellent health and retirement benefit package. OTEC has 79 employees in four district offices serving over 22,500 members located in eastern Oregon, known for its excellent hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation.
A complete job description may be found at www.otecc.com/careers. Please submit a resume and application and any other applicable documents to the attention of the H.R. Dept., OTEC, 4005 23rd Street, Baker City, OR 97814 or email to email@example.com. Applications and resumes must be received no later than November 27, 2017.
Posting End Date: November 27, 2017