Company Name: Benton PUD
Phone Number: (509) 582-1270
Job Title: Manager of Customer Engagement
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Key Account Executive
Posting Start Date: July 5, 2018
Salary: $92,732 - $110,395, DOQ
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
The primary purpose of this position is to build the District’s image of Trusted Energy Partner by proactively transforming customer relationships to be engaged and interactive; build and maintain relationships with General Service and Key customers; contribute to the development of the Customer Engagement Strategic Plan; and to act as liaison with the District’s strategic community partners.
- Support the District’s mission to serve our customers and foster a positive workplace by personally choosing behavior aligned with our values and ethical code.
- Build successful relationships with the District’s commercial, industrial, government and irrigation customers by leading the Key Accounts program and administering related contracts and agreements, acting as a liaison and resource for customers by being knowledgeable and up-to-date on both utility and customer industries and issues.
- Ensure the Customer Engagement strategy supports the enhancement of customer relationships by monitoring changes in industry best practices, changes in customer expectations, changes in technologies, and recognizing the needs of diverse customer groups; making recommendations to update the Strategy as needed.
- Support the District’s customer service philosophy by leading the development of customer service policies that support the District’s Customer Engagement strategy, coordinating with affected departments, obtaining Leadership Team and Commission approval and ensuring the development and implementation of supporting procedures.
- Contribute to the marketing of District programs by coordinating with the Communications Department and identifying appropriate content and messages of marketing materials, considering the communication needs of diverse customer groups.
- Coordinate with other District departments to offer energy efficiency programs and emerging technologies and services to residential and commercial customers.
- Initiate proactive customer outreach to build relationships with commercial customers, utilizing data analytics and customer focus groups as appropriate to identify needs and to tailor programs and services.
- Enhance low income programs by maintaining awareness of customer needs, evaluating effectiveness of existing programs and coordinating with external resources.
- Enhance the customer relationship by participating in internal policy development committees such as rate design and customer engagement, considering the customer and District perspectives.
- Ensure compliance with District policies that lower financial risk by participating on the Credit Committee; ensuring Security Agreements comply with the Large Customer Credit policy; and exercising discretion in resolving customer issues within the District’s policies.
- Act as liaison and represent the District with key community business partners, including cities, ports and industry organizations; participate in trade and board meetings, representing the perspectives of the District and advocating for the customer.
- Complete special projects and other duties as assigned to meet team, department and organization goals.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Communication, Energy Engineering or related degree
- 5-7 years experience in customer service, communications or marketing, preferably in a utility, including at least 2 years in a leadership role
- BA/BS is preferred, however substitution is allowed for those with an approved job-related certification and an AA, with two additional years of directly related work experience
Licensing or Certifications:
- Prefer certification in utility key accounts management
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including formal presentations
- Excellent problem solving, customer service, and negotiation ability
- Marketing and promotions
- Knowledge of transmission, distribution systems, electrical theories
- Ability to facilitate and manage complex programs and projects
How to Apply:
Submit an online application through Benton PUD’s Job Openings and Application Portal on the Benton PUD Web site (www.bentonpud.org/careers). Resume and cover letter are optional and may be uploaded into the application.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Posting End Date: July 17, 2018