Company Name: Lane Electric Cooperative, Inc.
Phone Number: (541) 484-1511
Job Title: Manager, Marketing & Public Relations
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: July 2, 2018
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Works under the direct authority of the General Manager and collaboratively with staff to develop, implement, and evaluate the Cooperative’s member relationship strategy to sustain the Cooperative and the communities it serves. Connects member data to the Cooperative’s operations to create and communicate member-centric programs based on predictive data analytics. Supports sustainable development of the Cooperative’s communities through communication programs and activities that build social capital.
- Taking ownership for the relationship between the Cooperative and its membership by continuously researching member consumer behaviors and attitudes to design and implement initiatives that develop positive and multiple relationship contacts with members and their communities.
- Educating and involving Cooperative employees on initiatives and programs.
- Establishing an effective communications tone that is consistent with the Cooperative’s image and brand through social media, printed publications, district meetings, and community education.
- Maintaining effective relationships with the media for routine and outage-related emergency information.
- Supervising the performance of contract partners, including our after-hours dispatch partner.
- Significant years of management experience to effectively perform the essential duties, and
- Graduation from an accredited college or university, and
- Completion of NRECA’s Management Internship Program, and/or NRECA’s Certified Cooperative Communicator program or equivalents (for example, Credit Union Certified Marketing Executive™ program);
- Or a combination of experience, training, and education sufficient to successfully perform essential duties.
- Working knowledge of the cooperative business model and Seven Cooperative Principles.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office Suite; experience with Adobe Creative Suite desirable.
- Excellent writing skills required. Ability to write clearly and persuasively using correct grammar is necessary.
IDEAL CANDIDATE TRAITS
- Data-driven, focused on finding actionable trends to develop program initiatives and use of metrics to measure outcomes
- Inquisitive about best practices in marketing and communications with the ability to implement such initiatives
- A copywriting perfectionist
- Cost-conscious about program costs and benefits
- Emotionally intelligent with a servant’s heart
- Fair-minded about spreading limited resources appropriately among competing interests
INSIGHTS ABOUT THE POSITION
The Manager of Marketing & Public Relations is a re-designed position with a renewed emphasis on marketing analyses that drive customized initiatives with actionable metrics.
How to Apply:
Lane Electric and its 46 employees serve the rural communities of east Lane County. We provide these communities with affordable, reliable electric service and support them by being a partner for economic sustainability. We also help celebrate our communities with donations, scholarships, sponsorships, and in-kind assistance.
The job description and benefit package can be viewed or downloaded at https://laneelectric.com/about/employment-opportunities. To apply please email a cover letter and resume to HRDept@laneelectric.com.
Posting End Date: July 31, 2018