Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Manager II, Balancing Authority Operations (R18-159)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: February 23, 2018
Salary Per: Per Month
Work Time: 9
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 19, 2018
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Manager II, Balancing Authority Operations
Direct the Balancing Authority Operators and Transmission Preschedulers in the reliable operation of PGE’s Balancing Authority, the monitoring of power production at PGE generating resources and power delivery to PGE customers, and the scheduling and delivery of transmission and ancillary services. Act as a source of operations expertise for other PGE departments. Represent PGE interests in various industry organizations that focus on operation of the interconnected transmission system.
- High School Diploma or GED, Bachelors degree in related field preferred.
- NERC certification as a System Operator at a level that includes the BI function.
- Eight or more years of work experience involved in the operation of bulk electric transmission systems, of which at least three years include supervisory responsibility.
- Two or more years work experience to reach competent level.
- Thorough knowledge of the theory, precepts, and practices involved in operation of a Balancing Authority.
- Working knowledge of Energy Management Systems and Automatic Generation Control programs.
- Thorough knowledge of PGE power scheduling and dispatching policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of industry and government standards that apply to operation of electrical power transmission systems.
- Thorough knowledge of the Balancing Authority Operator tasks and procedures sufficient to take shift responsibility as a Balancing Authority Operator.
- Effective supervisory skills.
- Effective communications and human relations skills.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership/project management skills.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-159. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: March 19, 2018