Company Name: Umatilla Electric Cooperative
Phone Number: (541) 564-4359
Job Title: Manager of Finance and Accounting
Number of Openings: 0
Position Type: Finance and Accounting
Posting Start Date: March 27, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
Umatilla Electric Cooperative (UEC) is a progressive electric utility cooperative located in northeastern Oregon along the beautiful Columbia River, offering a wide variety of activities year round. UEC is experiencing rapid growth in the commercial and industrial area and has a challenging position for the right candidate. UEC is seeking a full-time Manager of Finance and Accounting to be located at the utility office in Hermiston Oregon.
The Manager of Finance and Accounting oversees the fiscal and accounting operations of the cooperative. This includes managing financial and accounting operational reporting and processes, as well as the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems and metrics designed to report financial results and track company assets.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include other duties as assigned.
- Directs production of timely and accurate monthly financial statements and reports.
- Provides long-term financial forecasts by reviewing capital and construction work plan needs.
- Identifies monetary resources and provides loan recommendations.
- Provides analysis and recommendations, compliant with Board Policy, regarding the allocation, retention and retirement of patronage capital.
- Develops financial work plan goals.
- Oversees the production of the annual company budget.
- Ensures department objectives are met by providing direction and support to department staff.
- Directs production of monthly budget reports, including preliminary reports for management review.
- Oversees all billing processes, ensuring accurate and timely monthly member billing.
- Oversees all accounting functions, ensuring all financial obligations are made accurately and timely.
- Develops, recommends, and implements strategies to ensure the Cooperative achieves long term financial goals.
- Develops policy recommendations related to financial goals.
- Coordinates cost of service and rate studies and reports on findings.
- Accurately maintains the general ledger of UEC and its subsidiaries in order to meet the goal of receiving an annual “Unqualified Audit Opinion”.
- Maintains loan fund records, prepares loan fund applications, and manages the loan application process.
- Coordinates debt activities with financial institutions (RUS, CFC, CoBank, etc.) ensuring access to capital in support of operations, while minimizing interest expense.
- Coordinates investment activities.
- Schedules required tax and internal audit activities to ensure the completion of audited financial reports, auditor’s reports and related materials by all assigned deadlines.
- Demonstrates the ability to develop and work with complex spreadsheets.
- Prepares and presents recommendations to the Board of Directors as directed and required by the CEO.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required for this position or a combination of education and experience.
Ten (10) years or more related experience and/or training in financial management and accounting.
Experience with a cooperative electric utility and RUS regulation is desirable, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
UEC offers a competitive wage and benefits package and the salary for this position is commensurate with qualifications.
Posting End Date: April 21, 2017