Company Name: Puget Sound Energy
Job Title: Manager Energy Delivery #31536
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: February 14, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Manager Energy Delivery #31536
Puget Sound Energy is looking for a Manager of Energy Delivery to join our team.
Energy Delivery is a diverse group responsible for managing merchant transmission contracts, budgeting, and playing a critical role in the new Energy Imbalance Market. The manager role oversees the contractual merchant transmission issues including: development of interconnection agreements; comparative analyses of contract costs for interconnection and transmission of energy and capacity resources; transmission contracts and PSE’s merchant transmission agreements with providers. This role leads and coordinates key functions, including negotiating, documenting and oversight of transmission acquisitions to support PSE’s generation portfolio, ensures transmission planning and interconnection merchant agreements are aligned with utility and industry best practices and functions as PSE’s subject matter expert on matters relating to acquiring or amending the need for merchant transmission assets. Works with PSE Executives and management to align business strategy, resource acquisition and integration efforts to ensure consistency with and supported by capital, operational, maintenance, risk, compliance, and/or budget requirements. Manages strategy for use of transmission in the Energy Imbalance Market, making recommendations and ensuring that transfer limits are maximized. Ensures compliance with metering submission to the California ISO in accordance with the CAISO settlements calendar. Oversees EIM market performance and provides feedback to affected parties, and keeps training documentation current as processes change and evolve.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, finance, economics, business administration or other related field of expertise (appropriate additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Strong analytical skills to effectively and efficiently analyze and communicate a wide array of potential business challenges.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to develop and cultivate strong working relationships with contractual counterparties, regulators and other industry participants.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to contemporaneously document evaluation, due diligence and negotiation initiatives for later prudence purposes.
- Strong organizational skills to manage complex projects.
- Thorough understanding of the Pacific Northwest Regional transmission system.
- MBA, related post-graduate degree, and/or license as a Professional Engineer.
- 10 years of increasingly responsible positions in project development, implementation, asset management or acquisition within the electric utility or independent power sector, including supervisory experience, is highly preferred.
- Proficient with presentation software applications and excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to understand complex financial pro formas.
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to Apply:
Please visit www.pse.com/careers to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at email@example.com or 425-462-3017.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AT PUGET SOUND ENERGY!
Posting End Date: March 17, 2017