Company Name: Puget Sound Energy
Job Title: Manager Distribution Management Systems Information Technology #21749
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Information Technology / IS and Application Support
Posting Start Date: March 28, 2017
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY AT PUGET SOUND ENERGY!
Manager Distribution Management Systems Information Technology #21749
Puget Sound Energy’s Operations Systems organization is looking for a Manager, Distribution Management Systems (DMS) to join our Information Technology team.
In order to meet the growth in the implementation and operation of Automated Distribution technology in our Electric System, Operations System is expanding our organization to meet the current and future demand. Increased demand for modeling Distribution Automation for use by Electric Operations to improve grid performance and reliability, planning for a new DMS application and ongoing support to our Outage Management applications will be the primary functions within this group.
Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1886. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy.
At PSE all employees are valued, respected and provided with the opportunity to excel professionally. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience.
- 7 years experience managing or leading teams (some could include consulting) in strategic planning, development, implementation, and maintenance of IT system, application, infrastructure service or other technology areas.
- 2 years of in 7×24 operational support environment.
- 2 years with scientific or engineering applications
- 2 years in relational database management systems (RDBMSs), preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms.
- 2 years’ managing multiple major development projects using ASAP or Agile methodology
- Solid understanding of project and software development ASAP or Agile methodologies and can demonstrate proficiency in the applied use of systems and process analysis tools. Full system life cycle experience, including development lifecycle methodologies.
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on systems experience in Alstom, OSIsoft, or Telvent technology and with working knowledge in one or more of the functional modules.
- Experience in managing diverse portfolio of projects and customers.
- Experience in working with executive level management in IT and the business to review projects and manage risk.
- Strong business acumen across the following business areas related to utilities: Energy Trading, Geospatial data / Mapping, and Outage Management.
- Excellent leadership experience in database administration, software maintenance and enhancements, and application development
- Ability to lead a team working on multiple projects
- Ability to work across all levels of the organization, both technical, non-technical and management.
- Extensive knowledge of multiple functional areas in real-time energy management systems environment, active business processes, business areas, as well as industry.
- ITIL certified.
- Leadership skills that can energize a multidisciplinary work team to respond to business needs.
- Strong technical knowledge, with hands-on experience managing systems in new computing architectures and environments; knowledge of relevant technologies and tools applicable to assigned area(s).
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills.
- Strong project management skills, with experience in organizing, planning and executing mid- to large-scale projects from envisioning to implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors and vendors.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels and thrive in a cross-functional environment.
- Knowledge and experience in developing strategic information systems plans.
- Strong experience with FERC, NERC and PHMSA compliance requirements.
- Excellent human resource management skills.
How to Apply:
PSE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage persons of diverse backgrounds to apply.
Should you have a disability that requires assistance and/or reasonable accommodation with the job application process, please contact the Human Resources Staffing department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425-462-3017.
Please apply on our website at www.pse.com/careers
Posting End Date: April 27, 2017