Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Manager 1, Geospatial Information Systems (R18-303)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Management
Posting Start Date: May 15, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Manager 1, Geospatial Information Systems (R18-303)
The Geospatial Information Systems (GIS) Manager is responsible for transforming the GIS department into a modern GIS organization, while also leading day-to-day operations of the GIS team. A successful candidate will have a strong technical background in GIS technology and capabilities, paired with strong leadership, communication, and organizational skills. This person will be passionate about unlocking the power of Enterprise GIS to support the PGE Corporate Strategy and address the business needs of all PGE departments.
Lead daily operations in support of the Enterprise GIS
- Lead day to day operations of the GIS Department, understanding how to maximize each team members’ strength to create a high-performing team.
- Provide leadership and direction for the GIS Department.
- Fuel passion on the GIS team through continuous learning and discovery.
- Bring perspectives on cutting edge GIS technology and best practices.
- Deliver consistent and focused leadership to improve data quality in GIS.
- Improve work processes and identify opportunities for streamlining and efficiencies.
- Set and manage priorities for GIS database and applications development within the GIS Department’s domain.
- Support GIS system licensing and maintenance as necessary.
- Oversee all contracted and managed services work.
- Manage annual GIS work planning and budgeting efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree required; desired degree in Computer Science, Information Systems GIS, Geography, Engineering, or related fields.
- 8+ years of experience working in an ESRI environment
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience working as a GIS Manager or similar position with professional-level experience in the design, development, implementation and administration of geographic information systems, including analysis, configuration, and development
- Thorough knowledge of ESRI software products, services, and solutions; desired knowledge of the ESRI GIS server.
- Working knowledge of an ESRI environment that has Schneider Electric applications installed (ArcFM, Designer, Conduit Manager, and Fiber Manager) and Schneider Electric Feeder Manager 2 applied.
- GISP certification.
- ESRI technical certifications.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of electrical systems and theory, distribution overhead and underground design standards, and engineering/technical drawings.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-303. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: June 15, 2018