Company Name: NW Natural
Phone Number: (503) 226-4211
Job Title: Major Account Services Account Manager 2
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Communications / Public Relations
Posting Start Date: June 4, 2018
Salary: Min. $72,950 (*$80,400 to $100,950) Max. $105,800
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Major Account Services Account Manager 2
Major Account Services; Portland, OR 97209
Posting # 50263432
June 1, 2018
At NW Natural, we like to say, “We grew up here.” We’ve been an energy supplier and community leader since 1859. Some of our neighbors know us through our philanthropy and volunteer programs and innovative approaches to carbon reduction.
Our customers know us because of the clean, safe, efficient, and low-cost natural gas we provide. We are a service-oriented utility, with a “Best in the West” customer satisfaction ranking.
If you share our core values – integrity, safety, service ethic, caring and environmental stewardship – we invite you to apply to NW Natural.
Responsible for maintaining and enhancing both customer satisfaction and market sector profitability to NW Natural’s new and existing large business customers. Develops, evaluates and implements account plans and strategy to meet goals consistent with division and company objectives.
Day to Day:
- Ensures effective customer relationship management of major accounts with special emphasis on key accounts.
- Develops and manages communication and account plan strategies which may include direct proactive contact, newsletters or email updates, promotion of Business Development programs, and other methods.
- Develops and implements customer service strategies which may include market analysis work and regulatory strategies. Conducts profitability/viability analyses.
- Support’s Company’s Growth Initiative
- Resource to Customer Acquisition on large non-residential additions for profitability and possible rate training.
- Manages and coordinates a variety of Company interactions with assigned customers to include compliance with Company’s tariffs and policies and maintains contact for positive business relationships. Resource for other departments.
- Negotiates and administers customer contracts and the service election process.
- Collaborates with Deliver Gas on curtailment and transportation issues with customers.
- Contributes to the development and interpretation of non-residential tariffs with Rates and Regulatory Affairs.
- Builds and maintains favorable working relationships with other utilities, governmental agencies, marketers, trade allies, energy associations, and consultants.
- Provides information/recommendations for management decision-making and strategic planning.
- Interfaces frequently with team members including Major Account Services Team, coordinates and supports billing and credit, and other Company staff as necessary.
- Participates in various civic, community, and trade organizations as necessary.
- Ability to access construction and undeveloped work-site locations and customer premises.
- Supports Company’s commitment to a culture of safe work practices.
Come on your first day with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, or related field and a minimum 4 years’ experience in account management/ project development/sales or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Utility experience preferred.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to think strategically and present decisions based on relevant information; understand impacts of decisions made.
- Strong conflict resolution skills; ability to mediate and resolve problems between internal and external stakeholders through negotiation and persuasion.
- Strong verbal skills including direct conversation and presentations.
- Strong writing skills including process documentation, customer communication pieces, and report generation.
- Documented experience in constructive customer contact, including both internal and external customer relationships.
- Knowledge of the energy industry, such as natural gas equipment and its applications, supply conditions, competitive advantages, and availability preferred.
- Knowledge of or ability to understand NW Natural’s non-residential tariffs, complex rate structures, regulatory issues and policies, and related state/federal codes.
- Ability to read and understand construction practices and techniques and architectural and engineering drawings.
- Skill and ability to perform multi-task functions, organize and manage time effectively to meet deadlines and balance priorities.
- Strong PC skills for word processing, spreadsheet and database applications including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge or ability to learn to retrieve and enter data in NW Natural’s Customer Information System and other Company computer programs.
- Excellent communication skills on an individual and group presentation basis, including negotiation skills and techniques.
- Ability to facilitate and coordinate projects and customer issues including skills in organizing, delegating, and managing time to meet multiple deadlines.
- Ability to maintain consistent practice standards in an environment with frequent changes.
- Possess/maintain a valid Oregon/Washington Drivers’ License and a satisfactory driving record.
What we offer:
Arguably the most competitive healthcare and wellness benefits in the Pacific Northwest
Meaningful Annual Incentive Bonus Opportunity in addition to base salary
401(k) with generous match and additional 5% employer contribution
Company provided Trimet or C-Tran passes/Bike storage for cyclists
Green Team/Diversity & Inclusion Council/Safety Team/Women’s Network
Numerous volunteer and community engagement opportunities
Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 15% discount
20% Employee discount on Natural Gas
Generous Vacation/Sick leave program
7 Paid Holidays and up to 3 floating holidays to add an extra paid day off to Holidays Observed by NW Natural
Flexible work schedule opportunities
Base salary Range– Min. $72,950 (*$80,400 to $100,950) Max. $105,800
*Expected Hiring Range
How to Apply:
Application Process: To be considered for this position, submit a complete electronic application including a cover letter and a resume.
Applications will be reviewed once application deadline has passed.
Deadline: June 15, 2018
At NW Natural we are committed to fair compensation, pay equity and equal opportunity for advancement in the workplace. Salaries are determined based on a combination of education, experience, skills, performance and internal equity to similar roles within our organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Posting End Date: June 15, 2018