APPLICATION DEADLINE: May 23, 2016
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping to shape Oregon’s energy future.
What is it like to work at PGE? Well, it’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And with the average employee spending nearly 14 years with us, we think you’ll like it too.
You’ll work with talented coworkers in a supportive and results-oriented environment. Our progressive vision and commitment to excellence in our service and operations will keep you and your coworkers engaged and aimed towards excellence.
Are you ready to be part of an essential, dynamic and motivating company? Join our team – apply for a position today.
Maintenance Engineer – Substation Operations R16-266
Perform the functions of an entry-level maintenance engineer by providing engineering solutions and plans to resolve issues related to the maintenance of substation equipment and repair or replacement of failed equipment. Acts as the Company subject matter expert for assigned substation assets and maintenance programs.
- Three years of Engineering experience is preferred; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering with an emphasis on power systems preferred.
- Normally possesses an F.E. Certification or currently working towards one.
- Basic knowledge of fundamental engineering/economic principles and concepts.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Good human relations skills.
- Basic understanding of the utility business.
- Basic knowledge of all applicable policies, rules, regulations and codes in a specific engineering field.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability and skills in a field of specialization.
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline:
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
Interested in the extras? PGE offers a range of competitive benefits including medical insurance, paid vacation, a company matching gift program, tuition reimbursement and retirement savings that includes a 401(k) plan with matching company contributions and a PGE stock purchase plan. Additionally, PGE provides robust on-the-job development and training opportunities, as well as incentives for meeting company goals and encouraging health, safety and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Staffing Services Contact:
Connect with us on Twitter (twitter.com/PortlandGeneral),
Facebook (facebook.com/portlandgeneralelectric) and
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING