Company Name: Idaho Power Co.
Phone Number: (208) 388-2965
Job Title: Load Research and Forecasting Leader
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Finance and Accounting
Posting Start Date: April 29, 2016
Salary: $95,804.80 – 115,377.60
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time Type: Hours
Looking for a change?
Idaho Power Company, located in the heart of beautiful downtown Boise is seeking a senior level Information Technology professional to join our team. Why consider Idaho Power as your next employer? We offer excellent benefits, stable employment, work-life balance, challenging work in a quickly evolving industry, and the opportunity to live, work, and play in a city consistently ranked as one of the best in the country. Some accolades include: ‘Best City to Move to in 2014’ by Simple Move Labor; ‘Best City to Live’ by Men’s Health Magazine; ‘Top Ten Downtowns’ in America by Livibility.com; ‘Best City for Raising a Family’ by Forbes; and the list goes on.
Why is Boise so great? For some it’s the outdoor adventures just minutes away from downtown Boise. For others it’s the cost of living coupled with family friendly communities. Regardless of the reason, if you’re looking to relocate, Boise might just be for you.
Now about the job:
This job provides strategic direction related to sales/load forecasting and load research. Provides oversight on models and work products that are relied upon in IPC’s IRP, annual sales and load forecast, rate filings (e.g. rate design filings, JPRS), FERC Form 1, Oregon PCAM, etc. Duties will include oversight of analysis and models based on operational, economic, metering, customer use and financial data. The person will be involved in providing testimony for the Commission’s and providing data to interveners as requested. Models and procedures must maintain their integrity and consistency. Changes require inclusion with rates, finance and DSM. Understanding of analysis modeling techniques to predict future outcome and tools and use of statistical analysis or census data.
If you have previously applied for this position your resume and application are still being considered. A new application is not needed at this time.
• Research methods including problem identification, sample design, data identification and analysis, development of predictive models and presentation of results
• Computer applications for statistical, economic and financial modeling
• Database design
• Understanding of load research processes, regulatory impacts of pricing and customer behavior
• Prefer Utility Experience.
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentations skills for internal and external customers
• Analytical research and modeling skills
• Change management and project management skills.
• Lead and develop people in teams
• Work with various levels of management
• Build strong working relationship with peers
• Provide defensible modeling strategy for forecasting and load research
• Prefer Networking with peers in external organizations.
ExperienceRequired: MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance or Accounting.
• Masters in Business Administration or similar advanced degree.
• 5+ years experience in performing forecast, load research, economic or rate analysis, managing and assessing large data sets for integrity and use in sampling or census techniques. Candidate must also demonstrate prior leadership/supervisory experience.
• Experience providing testimony to state utility commissions/interveners.
• Communication, Building Trust, Decision Making, Adaptability, Building Successful Team, Coaching, Building Strategic Working Relationships, Customer Focus, Managing Conflict and Planning and Organizing.
• The successful candidate must demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity for all applicants and employees and will be expected to support and facilitate a workplace culture of dignity and respect. Additionally, he/she will be responsible and accountable for supporting the Company’s non-union status, its safety culture, event processes, and the accident records of employees in his/her area of responsibility.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, please visit our website at www.idahopower.com/careers and complete our online application.
Idaho Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, physical or mental disability, marital status, and any other status protected by applicable federal and state laws.
If you have questions, or require assistance or accommodation to complete the online application, please contact us at:
Phone: 208-388-2965 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting End Date: May 10, 2016