Company Name: Benton PUD
Phone Number: (509) 582-1270
Job Title: Lineman Pre-Apprentice
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: January 3, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
The primary purpose of this position is to work with line crews, under the direction of a Journeyman Lineman, in general labor and move into a Lineman Apprenticeship when a position is available.
Accountabilities and Essential Functions:
- Support the District’s mission to serve our customers and foster a positive workplace by personally choosing behavior aligned with our values and ethical code.
- Responsible for completing assigned work in a safe, efficient manner that is in conformance with all applicable regulations by helping to stock trucks and working with line equipment and tools assigned to the line crew.
- Contribute to the construction of all phases of overhead and underground line work by learning all phases of District electrical construction standards and practices; operating instructions; and how to accurately read and interpret construction drawings.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Position requires operation of equipment including: line trucks, backhoes, wire pulling and man-lift equipment, power and hand tools, laptops, and radio equipment.
Minimum Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent GED
- Ability to successfully pass a pole climbing skill test
- Primary residence within 20 miles of the Kennewick headquarters within 90 days of hire
- Prefer certification of successful completion at a Lineman college or climbing school
- Prefer 1 year of experience in general Construction or related field
- Prefer experience with GIS mapping system
Licensing or Certification:
- Must possess and maintain a Washington State Class “A” CDL and associated Medical Examiners Certification or obtain within 12 months of entry into position
- Must possess and maintain flagging/traffic control certifications and valid First Aid and CPR certification cards or obtain within 12 months of entry into position
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Basic computer skills or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire
- Ability to climb power poles
- Excellent communication skills
- Prefer experience with hot-stick use
- Attention to detail
How to Apply:
Submit an online application through Benton PUD’s Job Openings and Application Portal on the Benton PUD Web site (www.bentonpud.org/careers). Resume and cover letter are optional and may be uploaded into the application. Internet access can be obtained through public libraries or a local WorkSource office. WorkSource will also offer application assistance and in the Tri-Cities is located at 815 N. Kellogg Suite C in Kennewick.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Posting End Date: January 17, 2018