Company Name: City of Port Angeles
Phone Number: (360) 417-4510
City: Port Angeles
Job Title: Lineman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: September 11, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
NATURE OF WORK: Under supervision of the Line Foreman, performs skilled electrical work in the construction, maintenance, and operation of the City’s electrical transmission and distribution system, both overhead and underground. All work is performed in a manner that ensures compliance with established work practices and safety procedures as well as economical use and security of vehicles, materials, and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
(Essential job functions are those functions that the individual holding the position must be able to perform unaided or with the assistance of reasonable accommodation.) The following duties are not inclusive of all duties and the incumbent performs other related duties as required.
- Installs, maintains, and operates the electrical system facilities, including transmission and distribution systems, substations, streetlights, and traffic signals.
- Operates utility vehicles, including boom truck, service trucks, and other specialized equipment and machinery used in the electric industry.
- Installs and maintains wood poles and steel towers, involving setting, framing, and installing hardware, guys, and other related materials.
- Installs and removes transformers, capacitors, switches, conductors, and other similar equipment.
- Installs and maintains underground conductors, conduits, vaults, transformers, high voltage elbows, terminators, splices, and secondary voltage conductors and connections.
- Performs the electric utility connections, disconnections, and the more hazardous electrical work concerning customer service activity, as required.
- Flags traffic, as necessary.
- Performs rubber glove work on energized lines per Washington State Safety rules.
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING REQUIREMENTS:
Possession of a valid State approved Journeyman Lineman’s Certification and experience performing all classes of overhead and underground transmission and distribution work, and must be able to obtain an IBEW certification as a Journeyman Lineman.
Must have or be able to obtain a valid Washington State driver’s license within 30 days of employment, demonstrate a good driving record, and have a current Class A CDL.
Must have or be able to obtain, a valid flagging and first aid/CPR card within 30 days of employment
Must live within 30 minutes report time of Light Operations facility.
Posting End Date: October 11, 2017