Company Name: Eugene Water & Electric Board
Phone Number: (541) 685-7152
Job Title: Line Technician
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: November 14, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The Eugene Water & Electric Board is currently seeking a Journey Line Technician to work in Line Construction and Operations. The selected candidate will work as a member of a crew to construct, install, repair, troubleshoot and maintain electric power systems, transmission, distribution, overhead, underground, and assist underground network crews as needed. They will also:
- Repair or replace defective high and low voltage conductors, insulators, equipment and related hardware.
- Repair or replace overhead and underground transformers and switches.
- Prepare and set line poles, structures and towers.
- Transfer energized and de-energized wire, equipment and guys from damaged or decaying facilities to new facilities.
- String and splice wire for overhead distribution and transmission systems with conductor sizes up to and including 795 kcm.
- Pull and splice cable for underground distribution system with conductor sizes up to and including 1000 kcm.
- Skilled in the use of various tools including hydraulic/mechanical, hot stick, testing/diagnostic and pulling equipment.
- Locate underground cable and wires; trim trees in close proximity to energized wires.
- Assists/trains apprentices in working on energized and de-energized systems and equipment.
This position is subject to the terms, conditions, and benefits of EWEB’s collective bargaining agreement with the IBEW Local 659.
In order to receive consideration, all applicants must provide a copy of the certificate of completion or other documentation proving successful completion of a Line Technician Apprentice course or training program. Documents can be attached to your application or faxed to (541) 685-7552. Documentation must be submitted by the posting close date in order to be considered.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
Minimum Experience: A minimum of three years as an Apprentice Line Technician utilizing hot stick equipment.
Education: Certificate of completion of a three-year Line Technician Apprentice course or training program that is approved by EWEB.
Valid driver license: Yes, Class A CDL
Professional license or registration: None
Post-offer background check required: Yes
Post-offer drug test required: Yes
Post-offer physical / functional test required: Yes
Apprenticeship or other education/training required as a condition of employment, progression or advancement: Must obtain a First Aid/CPR Card within 12 months of hire.
How to Apply:
All applications must be submitted online through the EWEB Jobs Page. The application deadline is 5:00 PST on 11/24/2017.
Posting End Date: November 24, 2017