Company Name: Lakeview Light & Power
Phone Number: (253) 584-6060
Job Title: Line Helper with Apprenticeship Opportunity
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Linecrew
Posting Start Date: May 16, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
A Line Helper is a position designed to prepare the applicant for a three-year Lineman apprenticeship and, ultimately, into a position as a Journeyman Lineman. The Line Helper will hold the position for a minimum of 6 months up to a maximum of 1 year. Successful skill progression in the Line Helper role will qualify the candidate for entry into the Lineman apprenticeship program at Lakeview Light & Power. This is a union position with the IBEW Local 483.
The Line Helper will perform physical labor necessary to assist with the installation, maintenance, reparation and/or operation of company equipment and facilities. Performance of duties will include: clean-up work, debris removal, loading/unloading materials, storage of items, digging, grounds maintenance, fueling vehicles, cleaning equipment, and performing work using various hand-held tools. The successful candidate may be required to drive company vehicles to transport personnel and equipment to and from work sites, as well as running errands as assigned. Curriculum will include on-the-job training and completion of a skills check-off list to be jointly completed by the Line Foreman and the Line Helper.
There are instances where a Line Helper will be required to lift an excess of 75 LBS from floor to waist, from waist to overhead, ability to carry in excess of 75 LBS with both hands, pushing and pulling an excess of 100 LBS.
Job duties of the Line Helper require sustained, awkward positions/postures including bending and twisting at the waist and neck; reaching forward, to the side, across the body and overhead. Additional requirements of the Line Helper position include forceful grip and pinch: manipulation of small objects; balancing on one or both legs during dynamic activities: manipulation of large objects during activities requiring balance and sustained awkward postures.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and legally allowed to work in the United States
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Possess a current Driver’s License with Class A Commercial Driver’s License certification
- Successful Line Helper candidate must pass a company-paid physical, drug screen, and background check, which are processed after a job offer is extended and accepted
- Current Driver’s License with Class A Commercial Driver’s License certification applicable to WA State
- Current certification for telescopic boom trucks with both Swing Cab (TLL) and Fixed Cab (TSS)
Posting End Date: May 23, 2017