Company Name: Okanogan PUD
Phone Number: (509) 422-8471
Job Title: Limited Assignment Telecom Tech 1
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Telecommunications
Posting Start Date: May 24, 2017
Salary: Per CBA
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
- Install, test, maintain and repair fiber optic and copper cable, to include, but not limited to:
- Mount pole attachment and splicing hardware on poles and structures;
- Install, splice, and terminate cable using appropriate fusion and/or mechanical processes;
- Test fiber optic and copper circuits using industry standard methods and equipment;
- Isolate and mitigate faults and anomalies on fiber optic and copper circuits;
- Install, test, maintain, and repair the network hardware, including broadband node site prep and construction per manufacturer’s specifications.
- Install, test, maintain, and repair radio hardware, including wireless site prep and construction;
- Assist engineering in troubleshooting;
- Document equipment location, maintenance, failures and test results;
- Identify and document problems in the network;
- Responsible for processing all job related paperwork including Inventory Issue Sheets and MOP Closeouts in a timely manner.
- Attend meetings and actively participate in telecommunications department team environment.
- Keep work areas clean, including office, network rooms, collocation facilities, inventory locations and vehicles.
- May work or consult with technical representatives of other utilities, manufacturers, customers or government agencies.
- Drive heavy and light vehicles and equipment; operate equipment including digger derricks, aerial man-lifts, backhoes and other; work with various tools of the trade.
- Actively and positively participates in department meetings, safety meetings and tailboards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required;
- One (1) to three (3) years’ experience in placement, splicing, testing and maintenance of fiber optic and copper cable, installation and maintenance of network hardware, installation and maintenance of radio communication equipment preferred.
- Must possess a valid Washington State Traffic Control Flagger card or be able to obtain one within one year of employment.
- Must possess a Washington State Commercial Driver License.
How to Apply:
See www.okanoganpud.org for job description and requirements. Please submit online application with resume and cover letter. Okanogan PUD is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer.
Posting End Date: June 23, 2017