Website Lewis County PUD
The Engineering Technician I is responsible for providing the highest level of customer service to new and existing customers seeking to establish or modify electrical service with the District. This position works with customers, agencies, and operations personnel to process requests and provide guided assistance in the design, construction, and maintenance of the electric distribution system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties, responsibilities, and activities may change or be assigned.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Consult with customers regarding policies and requirements, recommend courses of action or procedures, and provide costs of electrical service.
· Conduct on-site investigations to examine electrical service status and requirements.
· Prepare engineering plans for electrical service and coordinate plans with customers, engineering, electrical inspector, operations, and other District personnel.
· Troubleshoot customer service problems and complaints, develop plans for correction, and coordinate activities with other District personnel.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
· Conduct field investigations to examine distribution system status and requirements.
· Prepare engineering plans for distribution replacement, improvement, and modifications and coordinate plans with Superintendents and other District personnel.
· Troubleshoot distribution system problems and develop plans for correction and coordinate activities with other District personnel.
· Respond to underground cable locates and underground cable fault locates.
· Take applications for electrical service.
· Prepare and update system maps and drawings.
· Serve as Relief Dispatcher.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) from a two-year college or technical school and two years of experience in utility customer engineering and progressive engineering of power line design; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Two (2) years of experience in the utility engineering field may be substituted for each year of formal engineering education beyond high school.
Certificates, Licenses, or Registrations:
Must have a valid Driver’s license. Must have or obtain a First Aid Card with CPR.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be proficient in MS Outlook, Excel, and Word.Additional Information:
Come join our Dynamic team!
For a complete listing of qualifications and how to apply please visit our website located at www.lcpud.org.
To apply for this job please visit www.governmentjobs.com.