Legal Specialist – Risk & Land
Risk& Land Management; Portland, OR 97209
Posting # 50265658
June 8, 2018
At NW Natural, we like to say, “We grew up here.” We’ve been an energy supplier and community leader since 1859.
Some of our neighbors know us through our philanthropy and volunteer programs and innovative approaches to carbon reduction.
Our customers know us because of the clean, safe, efficient, and low-cost natural gas we provide.
We are a service-oriented utility, with a “Best in the West” customer satisfaction ranking.
If you share our core values – integrity, safety, service ethic, caring and environmental stewardship – we invite you to apply to NW Natural.
To support the Risk and Land Department’s Insurance, Real Property, Leases, Gas Storage and Permit processes and internal and external customers with insurance and land-related inquiries. Compiles and manages data; tracks, analyzes and reports results. Maintains reference information and databases. Ensures activities are performed in accordance with contract, Corporate and regulatory agency requirements.
Day to Day:
- Creating, managing and tracking Insurance renewal forms and online application forms, analyzing and entering insurance data, issuing certificates of insurance, researching information, assisting in the renewal processes and maintaining the insurance filing system.
- Creating, managing and tracking land and lease files and other real estate related deeds and payments on leases, analyzing and entering data into SAP Real Estate, researching information, assisting in the acquisition process and maintaining the Land and Lease filing system.
- Creating, managing and tracking easement and temporary easement files and other easement related recordings, mortgage notification, payments for easements and entering data into SAP Real Estate, research information, assisting in maintenance of the easement process.
- Creating, managing and tracking gas storage surface, mineral and royalty agreements, analyzing and entering data into SAP Real Estate, researching information and preparation of payment documents for review, assisting in the storage acquisition process and maintenance of the existing agreements.
- Creating, managing and tracking permit files, licenses, rail road agreements, analyzing and entering data, researching information and preparation of permits and licenses, payment of permits and licenses, renewal of permits and licenses while maintaining the proper distribution of permits and licenses to NW Natural sites.
- Assisting with creating and maintaining department’s budget, land bank account, balance statements and preparation of land payment distribution and account database.
- Responding to frequent questions and inquiries from internal and external customers regarding insurance, gas storage agreements, land, lease, license and permit issues.
- Provides management with information and reports on departmental operations, and informs management of deviations from established processes or schedules which may impact business outcomes.
- Provides coverage /back up for other team members as needed.
What we offer:
Meaningful Annual Incentive Bonus Opportunity in addition to base salary
Company provided Trimet or C-Tran passes/Bike storage for cyclists
Numerous volunteer and community engagement opportunities
20% Employee discount on Natural Gas
7 Paid Holidays and up to 3 floating holidays to add an extra paid day off to Holidays Observed by NW Natural
Base salary Range– Min. $56,300 (*$62,050 to $77,900) Max. $81,650
- *Expected Hiring Range
- Flexible work schedule opportunities
- Generous Vacation/Sick leave program
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a 15% discount
- Green Team/Diversity & Inclusion Council/Safety Team/Women’s Network
- 401(k) with generous match and additional 5% employer contribution
- Arguably the most competitive healthcare and wellness benefits in the Pacific Northwest
To be considered for this position, submit a complete electronic application including a cover letter and a resume.
Applications will be reviewed once application deadline has passed.
Deadline: June 22, 2018
At NW Natural we are committed to fair compensation, pay equity and equal opportunity for advancement in the workplace. Salaries are determined based on a combination of education, experience, skills, performance and internal equity to similar roles within our organization.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.