Company Name: Inland Power & Light
Phone Number: (509) 747-7151
Job Title: Lead Warehouseman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Warehousing and Purchasing
Posting Start Date: September 19, 2016
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
The lead warehouseman responsibilities include, but are not limited to, supervision, acquisition, management and disposition of material in the warehouse and associated operational areas of the cooperative.
- Acquire and manage materials for the cooperative and its warehouses.
- Research suppliers; solicit and evaluate bids for materials and services on the basis of price, quality, service and delivery; obtain approval in accordance with current policies and procedures.
- Coordinates internal control compliance with finance department.
- Maintain computerized records of vendors, suppliers, manufacturers and service providers, order information, catalog numbers, product descriptions, costs and reference information on equipment including tools and materials and services used by the company.
- Maintain an inventory management system for effective storage and distribution of inventory.
- Adhere to budget requirements and policies supporting cooperative goals. Monitors projected construction to ensure adequate levels of materials and keeps COO/superintendent informed of variances.
- Follow industry trends and proposes alternative materials and services for improved prices, quality and service.
- Review invoices to assure proper billing, quantities received, coding and freight charges. Write receiving reports and manually post to purchase orders.
- Periodically evaluate freight rates, promptness of delivery, accuracy of order delivery of required materials and goods for field construction projects.
- Input quotes, requisitions and purchase orders to computer and monitor order status.
- Salvage and recover high value items (such as copper, aluminum and tools for repair) and general housekeeping responsibilities.
- Use forklift to unload freight and move to storage areas in the yard and warehouse.
- Gather, issue and return materials for work orders to line personnel as per staking sheet.
- Provide proper maintenance and care of all warehouse facilities, grounds and warehouse equipment including, but not limited to, buildings, hand trucks, shelving and bins.
- Assist in coordinating compliance with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) requirements regarding testing transformers for PCB content and other hazardous materials. Help complete and maintain accurate records and reports.
- Directs all activities related to warehouse operations.
- As necessary, respond to emergency call out and perform work within scope of abilities, delivery of material and assisting with emergency call out as necessary.
- All additional functions of warehouseman 1 position.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Additional academic accomplishments in communications, computer data entry and electric utility procedures highly preferred.
- A minimum of five years of warehousing or inventory control experience, preferably in a utility, large commercial or industrial operation.
- Must have a solid knowledge of business math, such as percentages and fractions, to analyze purchases, allocate costs, monitor budget expenditures and some accounting math desirable.
- A valid CDL driver’s license with a good driving record is required.
- Must be a qualified fork lift operator.
- Basic computer skills with knowledge in Microsoft Office and effective use of the internet are required.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to use a variety of tools including, but not limited to, hydraulic and electrically powered hand tools.
- Must possess sound decision-making skills.
- Must possess and maintain a safe work record.
- Excellent communication skills and professional appearance.
- Successful completion of pre-employment, post offer-of-hire drug and alcohol tests and pre-employment physical.
How to Apply:
If your credentials and interest match this job, please visit our website at https://www.inlandpower.com/careers/ for full application details.
Posting End Date: October 7, 2016