Company Name: PacifiCorp
Phone Number: (503) 813-7178
Job Title: Lead Organized Markets Analyst
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Administrative / Clerical Support
Posting Start Date: January 25, 2017
Salary: $91,700.00 - $118,700.00
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Develops overall business, strategy and policy recommendations related to PacifiCorp’s activities in the California Independent System Operator (“CAISO”) markets and other regional ISO forums including the Energy Imbalance Market (“EIM”). Leads changes in PacifiCorp’s resource participation in the EIM, including daily bids and negotiation of market- related issues with stakeholders and CAISO. Provides strategic and business recommendations to maximize opportunities and minimize cost exposures that result from CAISO and CAISO stakeholder-driven changes impacting PacifiCorp.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Maintain a leadership role in CAISO stakeholder processes or other initiatives which relate to or impact the merchant business unit’s interests in EIM and other CAISO markets.
- Develop strategy and business recommendations for PacifiCorp’s positions, resources andpolicies through active participation in CAISO stakeholder processes.
- Design PacifiCorp’s market proposals for merchant business in CAISO and in PacifiCorp’s stakeholder and regulatory processes.
- Serve as primary external advocate for PacifiCorp merchant’s interests in CAISO EIM stakeholder processes.
- Coordinate internal dissemination of information to affected business units and facilitate the development of coordinated company responses on EIM-related issues.
- Brief executive-level decision makers throughout the organization on CAISO stakeholder process developments and strategy or business recommendations.
- Guide and direct development of supporting material used for internal and external communications on EIM which relate to or impact the merchant business unit’s interests, including data request responses, testimony, regulatory filings, etc.
- Analyze EIM-related proposals, comments, white papers or other position statements produced through CAISO stakeholder processes which have the potential to impact the merchant business unit’s interests.
- Perform or coordinate analysis of EIM performance data related to use of merchant transmission rights.
- Collaborate with the EIM Entity scheduling coordinator to communicate the EIM/CAISO requirements, processes, and changes.
- Interface with the settlement/billing group related to EIM billing and transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business, or a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience in power systems and electric utility business.
- A minimum of five years of directly-related experience in an organized electric utility market or independent system operator or its substantive equivalent.
- A minimum of two years of experience negotiating complex issues within large groups advancing strategic or business positions.
- Demonstrated high level project management, interpersonal and leadership skills necessary to manage functional unit.
- Ability to carefully and strategically time-manage priorities among a multitude of issues and processes.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements, present alternatives, and recommendations.
- Ability to perform effectively in high-pressure situations while maintaining focus and calmness.
- Ability to provide timely assessments with limited information and/or assumptions.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers and automated tools.
- Strong knowledge of PacifiCorp’s system.
- Detailed knowledge of national, western interconnection, and northwest transmission/wholesale power business issues, competitive markets, and utility structures including RTO and ISO business practices.
- Specific knowledge of issues affecting individual utilities and control areas within western interconnection, system topology, and western utility wholesale competitive markets.
- Recognized, respected, influential leader well connected in western interconnection merchant forums, and able to develop and manage collaborative and cohesive decision making among external groups.
Posting End Date: February 24, 2017