Website Lassen Municipal Utility District
Deadline: First Review of Applications – June 10, 2021
Lassen Municipal Utility District (“LMUD”) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of General Manager.
This position directs and administers all activities of the District within a general framework of approved policies, budgets and programs, as well as develops long-range power supply forecasts, staffing plans and financial analyses to achieve the District’s objectives. LMUD generates annual operating revenue of approximately $22 million and provides electric service to approximately 10,500 customers with a peak load of about 25MW. The ideal candidate will have experience in power supply, accounting/finance, engineering and operations, and Board/staff relations. This position will lead the District’s 33-person workforce and will report directly to LMUD’s five-member elected Board of Directors.
- Ten years’ of progressively responsible experience in utility system operations at a distribution utility, including five years of senior level administrative and management responsibility.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration, engineering or a related field from an accredited college or university is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of electric utility procedures.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- An equivalent combination of education and/or industry experience may substitute for the listed qualifications at the discretion of the Board.
LMUD is based in Susanville, California, which is 85 miles north of Reno, NV, and 100 miles east of Redding, CA. The area borders the mountain tree line and the high desert.
LMUD offers excellent health and retirement plans.
Interested individuals must submit an LMUD Employment Application and a current resume. Applications and a complete job description may be obtained from our website at www.lmud.org or from the District Office at 65 South Roop Street, Susanville, CA, 96130.
To apply for this job please visit www.lmud.org.