Website Lakeview Light & Power
The Customer Service Representative I is responsible for processing customer payments and assisting customers on a daily basis with account information and resolving issues. This position will also handle a high volume of phone calls and be required to make independent decisions based on customer needs.
The ideal candidate would be dedicated to providing exceptional customer service, enjoy working with the public, and displays a positive attitude when interacting with customers and employees.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide excellent customer service
• Process utility payments
• Process and balance all receipts/cash daily
• Work with customers regarding past due accounts and make payment arrangements
• Record customer/member interactions within Customer Information System
• Manage large amounts of incoming calls
• Assist other customer service positions as needed
• Able to handle customer inquiries, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives
• Punctuality and regular attendance
• Able to work in an open, team environment
• Accuracy, attention to detail, and good math skills are essential
• Ten-key adding machine by touch
• Adequate experience using Excel and Word
• Ability to interact with customers in a courteous and respectful manner
• Exercise reasonable common sense and good judgment in the working environment
• Strong multi-tasking, prioritizing, and time management skills
• Desire to learn more responsibility and to grow skills
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree or 2-3 years of customer service experience - required
Customer call center experience - preferred
Utility Experience – desired
NISC Software experience is a plus
Fluency in Korean or Spanish - desired
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Work hours are Monday-Thursday 7:00 am to 5:30 pm. Starting salary is $20.25 an hour, negotiable dependent upon experience. Excellent benefits including full medical, dental, vision, 401K, long-term disability, and paid vacation and holidays. Lakeview Light & Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Lakeview Light & Power (LLP) is a non-profit, cooperative distribution utility located in Lakewood, WA and has served its community for over a century. LLP has more than 2,800 members and serves over 10,000 meters. LLP’s mission is providing reliable, low-cost power while focusing on superior customer service and a commitment to safety. Our core values are Safety, People, Community, Agility, and Accountability.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are available at https://lakeviewlight.com/. Completed resumes, cover letters, and other supporting documentation can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (253) 588-9682.
To apply for this job email your details to LLP@lakeviewlight.com