Website Lakeview Light & Power
Classifications: The Communications Specialist/Executive Assistant reports directly to the General Manager but will interact with both the Chief Financial Officer and Operations Superintendent. This is a blended role where the individual will devote the majority of their time as a Communications Specialist and a portion of their time as an Executive Assistant. The Communication Specialist is responsible for a wide range of member-engagement, including other related communication activities and tasks. This position is responsible for promoting Lakeview Light & Power (LLP), its objectives, and programs while ensuring consistent and effective messaging regarding the cooperative. Duties include but are not limited to the following work:
Primary Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Write and produce various external member and customer communications as well as internal communications efforts across multiple platforms.
· Manages communication initiatives for LLP as needed. Assist with the development of member and customer communication pieces such as newsletter, billing inserts and works with the general manager on any necessary press releases.
· Monitor, administrate, and contribute to LLP’s social media platforms.
· Promotes and markets all LLP products and services. Answers inquiries in a manner that conveys understanding and acceptance of LLP’s plans, programs, and objectives.
· Develops and maintains good working relationships with allied organizations, emergency management organizations, community groups, schools, and various other organizations dealing with energy industry issues, as well as state and federal legislation. Partners with operations and safety departments to make presentations to consumer groups, professional groups, youth groups, schools, and other organizations.
· Educate members about products, services and incentive programs to promote member satisfaction and efficiency.
· Administer LLP’s website, which includes keeping information current, providing guidance to others regarding website maintenance and upgrading and ensuring the overall usability and aesthetics of the site.
· Communicate in a professional, respectful, and courteous manner with all employees, customers, and others with whom we may work. Contribute to a successful work group through positive interactions, active listening, meaningful collaborations, and the constructive exchange of ideas designed to meet or exceed the organization’s strategic goals.
· Conducts external communications during service outages via social media, the cooperative’s messenger platform, and website.
· Facilitates compliance with Clean Energy Transformation Act and Climate Commitment Act, including completion of periodic reporting and surveys
· Works with the LLP Board of Directors to organize member events such as our annual and town hall meetings.
· Assist in LLP’s community outreach communication and program efforts, including facilitation of our annual scholarship programs.
· Prepare materials for special projects and other duties as assigned.
· Facilitate meeting coordination, conference registration, and communication with LLP’s General Manager, Executive Management Team, and Board of Directors.
Minimum Qualifications & Requirements:
· BA or BS in Communications, Marketing, Journalism, or related field.
Other Requirements and Skills:
· Must have excellent oral and written communication, be fully competent in Microsoft Office software, and have the ability to use other communications related applications.
· Previous experience in business communications, marketing or print journalism is encouraged. General knowledge of office procedures required.
· Must be able to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of people across the entire cooperative. Ability to learn and understand complex energy related topics and translate them into readable, understandable information for multiple audiences.
· Utility industry experience preferred, but not required.Additional Information:
Terms of Employment:
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Work hours are Monday-Thursday 7:00 am to 5:30 pm. Excellent benefits including full medical, dental, vision, 401K, long-term disability, paid vacation, and ten paid holidays. Lakeview Light & Power is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Lakeview Light & Power:
Lakeview Light and Power Co. was incorporated March 21, 1922, as a mutual nonprofit company to obtain electric service for its members. Over 100 years ago, this corporation was formed because a few forward-looking families wanting to make things better for their community. Today, Lakeview has more than 2,800 members and serves over 10,000 meters. Lakeview Light & Power continues the commitment of its founders to serve its members at the lowest possible cost by means of a reliable electrical distribution system.
How to Apply:
Completed resumes, and other supporting documentation can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax to (253) 588-9682.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com