Company Name: Portland General Electric
Job Title: Labor and Employee Relations Consultant (R18-231)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: June 11, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Labor and Employee Relations Consultant (R18-231)
In this position, you will consult with management and various partners (HRBP’s, Legal, Ethics & Compliance, IBEW, etc.) on Employee and Labor Relations programs, initiatives, policies and labor agreements to assist with effective use of people and achieve short and long-term objectives of the Company.
Support our journey by:
- Investigate grievance facts and work with management and business representatives in solving issues before going to arbitration.
- Lead the negotiations for various labor agreements and act as the chief spokesperson.
- Conduct investigations/interviews and provide recommendations on various employee relations issues.
- Partner with Ethics & Compliance on investigations, act as point of contact for all triaged investigations, and ensure EthicsPoint is updated at the completion of investigations. Conduct annual investigation calibrations to ensure consistency in discipline that is administered as a result of the investigation.
- Work with Legal department and outside-counsel on various investigations.
- Hire and oversee contract investigators, ensuring they follow PGE’s protocol for the investigative process.
- Provide consultation and ensure calibration on the application of the discipline policy.
- Consult with management on contract interpretation and in administering the contract.
- Negotiate labor agreements.
- Advise management to ensure that discipline is based on just cause.
- Conduct trainings for management on the contract.
- Act as a policy resource at Company-wide labor relations meetings.
- Counsel management and HRBP’s on appropriate positions to be taken and maintained throughout the grievance process.
- Attend Step II grievance meetings and ensure proposed settlements or responses of grievances are written.
- Support the Company’s internal/external expert counsel in preparing and conducting arbitration cases.
- Contribute to minimizing the number of disputes submitted for arbitration.
- Consult with management on desired contract changes and effects that contemplated revisions may have on their operations.
- Research and prepare summaries of bargaining trends on contract issues.
Bring the following skills to our team:
- Comprehensive knowledge of laws and regulations relating to Human Resources (e.g., EEO, AAP, ADA, FMLA, etc.)
- Comprehensive knowledge of contractual union agreements with knowledge of the IBEW agreement a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of Human Resources functions, technologies, and systems such as employee relations, labor relations, talent acquisition, organizational development, etc.
- Working knowledge of various computer applications.
- Excellent situational consultative/facilitative, negotiation, conflict resolution, analytical, problem-solving, verbal, written communication, human relations and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Typically, a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, JD or related field and 10 years of applicable experience, to include six to eight years’ experience in an HR function, including experience in employee/labor relations, and two to three years’ leadership experience.
How to Apply:
Join us today and power your potential!
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=R18-231. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL / EXTERNAL JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: July 11, 2018