Website Kootenai Electric Cooperative
This position will remain open through October 2, 2022.
Purpose of Position:
The Operations Coordinator position is responsible for the day-to-day communication and coordination within the Operations Department.
- Safety: Adhere to all workplace and trade safety laws, regulations, standards, rules, and practices. Use of Personal Protective Equipment as required. Take individual responsibility in managing safety risks and reporting unsafe conditions or unsafe work practices. Respond positively to safety-oriented feedback. Contribute to a culture of safety.
- Quality of Work: Produce thorough, high quality work with minimal errors. Seek feedback, make corrections as needed. Identify problems and solve them. Strive to improve processes. Work collaboratively with team members to implement systemic changes.
- Productivity: Complete assigned work in a timely fashion. Utilize slow periods productively. Produce amount and volume expected, at accepted speed.
- Technical Skills/Job Knowledge: Demonstrate appropriate level of understanding of technical skills in area of expertise, technology, products, and/or processes involved. Perform assigned duties. Keep current on changes. Competent with all technology and industry best practices necessary to perform job. Maintains necessary certification(s).
- Communication: Oral and written communication clearly convey information. Keep others informed of activities and problems in timely manner. Listen well. Respond appropriately and respectfully.
- Teamwork/Ability to Work With Others: Demonstrate ability to work in positive manner with co-workers and/or customers with differing backgrounds, opinions, capabilities, etc. Willingly share skills, competencies, and knowledge with others. Establish and maintain strong, effective working relationships. Contribute effectively to group efforts. Promote harmony. Agree to disagree without damaging relationships.
- Accountability: Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality. Arrive on-time and be prepared to work. Accept responsibility for work and actions. Be reliable.
- Integrity: Demonstrate honesty, high ethical standards, and respect for all team members, co-workers, and KEC members.
- Professionalism: Always address internal and external customers with courtesy and respect. Dress in work attire appropriate to the position. Communicate business information in timely fashion, using means of communication appropriate to the situation.
- Support of Cooperative Goals, Policies, and Procedures: Support Cooperative goals. Adhere to all Cooperative policies and procedures. Understand that internal customer and external member focus is always top priority. Contribute effectively in support of that priority.
- Problem-Solving: Use sound logic and methodology to solve problems. Explore multiple sources for answers, as required. Able to identify hidden problems. Propose solutions.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions
- Outage management/System Operations duties:
- Monitors iVUE and communication system for outage management.
- Places switching orders, deadline clearances and hot line holds into the outage management system and communicates them accordingly.
- Utilizes communication system phone notification for planned/unplanned outages.
- Maintains phone and radio communication with line crews and engineering.
- Communicates and coordinates with members as needed.
- On call for outage management.
- Material/Accounting Duties:
- Acts as a backup for creating and forwarding picking list.
- Assists with end of month research for work order closings.
- Assists with year-end inventory count.
- Processes new connects/make perms in subdivisions.
- Payroll/Fleet/Contractor Accounting Duties:
- Codes work orders for time entry and reconciliation of labor vehicles for work orders.
- Reconciles time entry for labor and equipment.
- Reconciles end of month payroll and meal tracker for accounting.
- Accounts for credit card expenses for line personnel and invoices for outside contract crews.
- Administration duties:
- Maintains MAYDAY emergency program.
- Maintains line crews’ tailboard, hotline hold, Safety Accreditation, PCB, and Zonar documentation.
- Maintains and completes monthly safety minutes/attendance/safety training records.
- Organizes and processes new joint use requests and violation repairs coordinating with engineering/external entities and maintaining database and mapping records.
- Provides Operations orientation for new employees.
- Orders office supplies and maintains office supply inventory.
- Makes travel arrangements.
- Makes DOT medical exam arrangements.
- May direct activities of temporary clerical staff and interns.
- New Connect, Service Order and System Changes duties:
- Generates service orders or maintenance issues.
- Schedules appointments for line drops and disconnects; assists with scheduling new connect jobs.
- Maintains new connect paperwork and files; tracks pre and post construction status; follows up on pending jobs.
- Sends quotes and answers questions; communicates with builders, electricians, etc.
- Builds in/exchanges/removes transformers and map locations from iVUE system and updates data.
- Performs other duties as directed or required.
- High School graduate or GED equivalent required.
- Post-secondary education preferred.
- 5 years of experience in an operation coordinator, accounting, or member services position preferred.
- Knowledge and Skill
- Knowledge of basic engineering principles for power systems.
- Knowledge of basic operation and maintenance principles for power systems.
- Knowledge of line construction specifications.
- Knowledge of uniform system of accounts for power system operations and maintenance.
- Must be able to read, write, do arithmetic and use office equipment such as a copier, computer, printer and various software packages such as Microsoft Office and other job-related software packages.
- Proficiency in KEC mapping and work scheduling programs.
- Proficiency in KEC material and system operations.
- Time Requirements
- Must be able to work in excess of 12 hours during outage situations. Must be available for unscheduled work.
- Mental Demands
- Must be able to work in stressful conditions.
- Must be able to make decisions with minimal data.
- Must be able to compare, copy, compute, compile, analyze, and coordinate.
- Must have attention to detail and ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple distractions.
- Working Conditions/Hazards
- Normal office environment.
- Occasional work in warehouse with temperature variations.
- Overtime hours occasionally required.
- Travel may be required.
Kootenai Electric Cooperative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.kec.com.