Website Klickitat County PUD Dist #1
The Klickitat PUD’s Operations Manager is responsible for coordinating and directing, construction, operations, and maintenance activities related to the District’s transmission and distribution systems. This includes safety, purchasing, inventory, fleet, building & grounds, and vegetation management.
Effectively lead the Operations Department to ensure safe, responsive, customer-focused service is provided to the District’s customers. This position is primarily performed in the Goldendale office and warehouse, however, duties may include fieldwork in inclement weather.
The Operations Manager plays an important role in supporting organizational business objectives and achieving the strategic goals as established by the Board of Commissioners and General Manager.
Duties may include by not limited to the following:
Supervise and evaluate the work of employees involved in the operations and maintenance activities, including safety, purchasing, inventory, fleet, buildings & grounds, and vegetation management; interview, select, assign, direct, and evaluate employees; effectively recommend disciplinary actions as needed; hear grievances and resolve complaints; ensure that employees receive adequate training; involvement in the Collective Bargaining Agreement negotiations and implementation of the union contract.
- Responsible for annual preparation of operations budget and work plan.
- Schedule work with department heads under supervision to foster a good working relationship and efficient work scheduling to the utilization of resources.
- Respond to various questions, including those that arise in the work site; resolve problems, provide technical assistance, and make decisions within established policy guidelines.
- Responsible for managing and planning planned and unplanned outages.
- Oversee development and implementation of quality assurance procedures and controls for the District’s construction and maintenance work.
- Review electrical design layouts requirements for residential/commercial and industrial projects.
- Review and evaluate the performance of the work unit, including operational and budgetary matters, through submitted reports and visual inspections.
- Monitor changes to Federal and State standards, regulations, and contracts and their impact on the community and the department; forecast personnel and equipment requirements to meet standards; ensure timely submission of various reports required by regulatory agencies; maintain records and prepare other reports as requested.
- Analyze time current reports for system feeders in order to maintain a proper balance of amperage on phases; initiate corrective actions as needed.
- Direct the implementation of system maintenance projects; direct the investigation of equipment and material failures to determine the cause; identify the need for changes to current methods of operation.
- Oversee the District's Safety Committee, Integrated Environmental Management Plan Committee, as well as Environmental Issues. Maintain current Material Standards Data Sheets (MSDS) and oversee District’s annual “right to know” employee information program. Follow all safety rules and procedures established for work areas.
- Establish annual tree contracts that align with short- and long-term vegetation management plans.
- Establish annual pole test and treat contracts that align with short- and long-term District inspection and maintenance plans.
- Maintain proficiency by attending training conferences and meetings, reading materials, and meeting with others in areas of responsibility.
- Other duties as assigned.
To review full job description or apply please visit www.klickitatpud.com under career opportunities.
To apply for this job please visit www.klickitatpud.com.