Company Name: City of Roseville
Phone Number: (916) 774-5475
Job Title: Key Account Representative
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Key Account Executive
Posting Start Date: August 25, 2016
Salary Per: Per Year
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES – Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as account representative on key/major commercial electric utility accounts; identify, recommend, develop and manage peak load and energy efficiency methods, seeking to reduce or shift energy demand and consumption.
- Identify and implement new electric energy efficiency and conservation programs, strategies and services to meet utility and/or regulatory requirements; develop program objectives and marketing strategies, including appropriate methods and materials of delivery.
- Consult with key/major accounts on energy load issues, rate issues and legislative issues in an effort to identify energy use trends; review energy use and identify anomalies and develop plans to help reduce the use of energy.
- Assist key/major accounts with improvement plan process as it relates to change in load.
- Review and analyze energy efficiency, demand reduction, potential renewable energy sources, and special contracts to determine and recommend modifications or new programs, as applicable.
- Develop and administer a customer contact and communication plan; establish direct, ongoing relationships with customers; respond promptly to customer inquiries and request; meet regularly with customers to discuss needs, changes that may affect load, economic development opportunities and related issues; visit customer sites; retain high level of customer satisfaction from all levels of contract with key/major accounts.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of rates, rate trends, energy efficiency programs, environmental regulations and permitting processes; seek alternative resolution to difficult problems and adjust strategies to meet changes in customer conditions.
- Develop and implement measures to analyze and evaluate program effectiveness and methods of recruitment/enrollment; recommend modifications for process improvements; and prepare related cost/benefit analysis.
- Develop and recommend new and/or modified policies, programs, and services to meet new program marketing opportunities and/or improve service to existing customers.
- Prepare and present a variety of technical reports and communications that include supporting statistical data; make presentations to high level customer and departmental staff.
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for energy efficiency, conservation and renewable energy directed at local businesses.
- Monitor legislation related to energy efficiency issues and make recommendations for new and/or modified policies and programs in response to legislation.
- Receive research, respond and resolve customer issues and complaints.
- Perform the most difficult work related to developing, managing, and marketing energy efficiency programs.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Three years of responsible experience involving the development and marketing of energy efficiency programs that involved extensive customer contact.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in marketing, business administration, engineering or a related field.
License or Certificate
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, certification as a Certified Energy Manager from the Association of Energy Engineers.
How to Apply:
Roseville Electric Utility – Northern California
The City of Roseville’s Electric Utility is hiring qualified electric utility workers for the following position:
Key Account Representative – $99,056 – $132,744 Annually
- We offer highly competitive salaries and benefits. The City of Roseville, population 126,000, is located approximately 16 miles east of Sacramento, California. We are a full service city, providing award winning and highly reliable electric, water, wastewater and solid waste utility services to our residents and businesses. Roseville’s Electric Utility operates and maintains two natural gas fired power plants, 16 substations, and over 800 miles of overhead and underground electrical lines. Visit www.roseville.ca.us/jobs to apply and for more information.
Posting End Date: September 24, 2016