Company Name: Chelan County PUD
Phone Number: (509) 661-4660
Job Title: Junior Engineer (Open until Filled)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Engineering
Posting Start Date: June 23, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Complete water, fiber-optic and electrical customer service engineering and staking duties for the District. Initiate stakeholder engagement by meeting directly with internal and external agencies and customers to interpret, evaluate, and design water, electrical and networks infrastructure.
JOB FUNCTIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function of the job satisfactorily. Essential functions (EF) are those activities that, if not performed, would significantly and fundamentally alter the position. Secondary functions (SF) are activities not fundamental to the job and may need to be relaxed to accommodate an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability. In the aggregate, secondary functions typically account for less than 15% of the job scope.
# EF/SF % of Time Job Functions
- EF 30% Communicate with internal and external customers daily to evaluate, document and communicate the customer’s needs and expectations. The CSE will evaluate, design and determine the needs for electrical, fiber and water service to meet the customer’s needs.
- EF 30% Prepare and deliver design options and cost estimates to customers on regular basis. This includes requirements for all labor, materials, equipment and tools.
- EF 15% Perform job planning and scheduling for all non-emergency related work orders. Prepare and maintain work order status and target construction dates and report weekly. This includes reporting on job site readiness, inspections of customer installed facilities and communicating scheduling requirements with District Superintendents, Engineering Supervisor and customers on a daily basis.
- EF 5% Prepare and submit applications for easements and permits associated to projects. Submit drafting and surveying.
- SF 5% Develop budget estimates for equipment, materials, supplies, tools and vehicles in conjunction with system improvement or O&M projects. With approval, purchase equipment, materials, supplies and training.
- SF 5% Recognize, investigate, and document boundary and right-of way evidence.
- EF 5% Write correspondence, technical specifications and reports, memorandums and other documents.
- SF 5% Coordinate and facilitate regular pre-construction meeting between District operations personnel and customer/developers to review plans, specifications and work scope.
- EF Ongoing Maintain regular and predictable attendance. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required. Comply with District policies. Complete all required training. Maintain a working knowledge and comply with District safety procedures and specific safety requirements of this position, and those in accordance with applicable provisions of the Revised Code of Washington (RCW) and Washington Administrative Code (WAC).
- EF Ongoing Drive a motorized vehicle while conducting business on behalf of the District.
QUALIFICATIONS: The qualifications listed below are representative of those required, but reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
No post-secondary education required. Two years of college-level courses in engineering technologies or related field with a strong emphasis on math, science and economics is preferred.
Typically requires a minimum of three (3) years utility engineering for water, network or electrical with associated field staking experience.
Specific KSA’s: A fully skilled incumbent will have the following specific knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Working knowledge of engineering principles and practices and proficient use of AutoCAD Software, GIS and Microsoft business applications including Visio, Word and Excel is required. Experience in cost estimating using CMMS/Maximo or other maintenance management system is preferred, as well as an in-depth understanding of CMMS/Maximo. Must be able to solve with accuracy both algebraic and trigonometric computations. Demonstrated ability to plan and schedule work is required. Requires excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills. Requires ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously while maintaining a dynamic daily work schedule, including periodic overtime and irregular work hours (before 8:00 am and after 5:00 pm). A valid driver’s license is required with a valid Washington State driver’s license required within 30 days of employment.
How to Apply:
This position is Open Until Filled. Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately; application materials will be reviewed, beginning July 25 and thereafter until the position is filled.
This position will be filled as either a Junior Engineer (job # 11198) or an Engineering Assistant (job # 11182) based on knowledge, skills and abilities (in addition to education and/or experience). Please review both job description information for each level.
A cover letter and resume are required for this position; to be considered, these must be combined into one document (PDF or WORD) and uploaded electronically when requested through the online application process. Your cover letter needs to describe and align your work experience with the duties and requirements listed in the job description.
You will not be considered if you don’t submit a resume, combined with a cover letter.
Posting End Date: July 23, 2017