APPLICATION DEADLINE: October 14, 2016
$42.74/hour. We are posting for multiple openings
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping shape Oregon’s energy future. Among the millions of ordinary jobs in the world there are a few special places that have a team-driven environment with the resources and support you need to succeed. That’s PGE — the unique combination of a friendly, supportive atmosphere with a progressive vision for business success. It’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And it’s a big reason why the average PGE employee has spent almost 14 years with us. If you’re looking for a new opportunity in an essential, dynamic industry, consider becoming a part of our PGE team.
The successful candidate will perform all duties of journeyman wireman in connection with preventive and corrective maintenance, testing, and electrical construction at generating plants, substations, and other facilities.
- Must be able to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical devices
- Work on temporary assignment at other location as assigned
- Will be required to work at elevated heights
- Perform all installation, testing, and maintenance of motors, generators, exciters, regulators, power transformers, switchboards, air, oil, and SF6 circuit breakers, battery and battery charging systems, emergency generators, relays, conduit, and bus
- Install, test, and maintain lighting circuits, power circuits, and control circuits
- Perform all aspects of construction, maintenance, and testing of various equipment at PGE substations and facilities
- Refurbish and Process Distribution Transformers and related Equipment
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
We offer a full range of traditional benefits – medical insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings, and more – plus exciting opportunities unique to employment with us. From our robust on-the-job training to our on-site fitness facilities, PGE has a multitude of programs to help you gain valuable skills and experience, to provide rewards for meeting company goals, and to encourage health, safety, fellowship, and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/EXTERNAL JOB POSTING.