Company Name: Portland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Journeyman Welder/Fabricator (U17-187)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: September 29, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Internally October 9 2017
Externally October 13, 2017
Portland General Electric values the energy of teamwork, diversity, and innovation to provide our customers with safe and reliable power. As Oregon’s largest provider of electric service, PGE is helping shape Oregon’s energy future. Among the millions of ordinary jobs in the world are a few special places —team-driven environments with the resources and support you need to succeed. That’s PGE — the unique combination of a friendly, supportive atmosphere with a progressive vision for business success. It’s fun. It’s challenging. It’s enriching. And it’s a big reason why the average PGE employee has spent almost 14 years with us. If you’re looking for a new opportunity in an essential, dynamic industry, consider becoming a part of our PGE team.
Journeyman Welder/Fabricator (U17-187) $40.53/hr
In this position you will construct, fabricate and repair under the direction of the Metal Shop Foreman as are required for company operations in the field and at the Corporate Shops.
Top candidates will have:
- Experience in working from prints, drawings and detailed instructions.
- Possess and maintain a valid Class A driver’s license within 6 months of employment.
- Must have completed an apprenticeship program consistent with the duties of Welder/Sheet Metal Journeyman and or a minimum of 4 years documented experience in welding including sheet metal fabrication work at the journeyman level.
- Qualified and understand welding in accordance to the latest structural welding code D1.1 of the American Welding Society.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with evidence of a safe driving record
- Currently hold or obtain within 6 months of employment ASME and AWS code standards certification.
- Ability to pass Pre-placement medical examination and drug screen.
How to Apply:
PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. In order to be considered for this position, you will need to complete our employment application. Apply online at https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=U17-187 by the application deadline. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.
We offer a full range of traditional benefits – medical insurance, paid vacation, tuition reimbursement, retirement savings, and more – plus exciting opportunities unique to employment with us. From our robust on-the-job training to our on-site fitness facilities, PGE has a multitude of programs to help you gain valuable skills and experience, to provide rewards for meeting company goals, and to encourage health, safety, fellowship, and community volunteerism.
Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
THIS IS AN INTERNAL/ EXTERNAL ONLY JOB POSTING
Posting End Date: October 13, 2017