Company Name: PUD #1 of Ferry County
Phone Number: (509) 775-3325
Job Title: Journeyman Tree Trimmer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Operations
Posting Start Date: August 30, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
This position works as part of a tree trimming crew that performs utility line clearance work. Duties include trimming trees, clearing brush, maintaining the right of way, providing general maintenance of Ferry County PUD facilities near power lines, and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Pertinent federal, state, and local laws.
- Electric utility materials, equipment and supplies.
- Working independently and with a crew.
- Interacting well with coworkers and customers.
- Use power tools, hand tools, chain saws, hydraulic tree trimming saws, rakes and aerial man lifts, trucks, chippers, and hot sticks.
- Perform work-related tasks in trees up to 100 feet or more in height.
- Climb trees with or without spurs and able to pull body weight 45 feet up tree.
- Push or pull tree limbs, often while bent over in a tree for up to 5 minutes at a time, 4 or more times a day.
- Perform an aerial rescue in emergency situations.
- Properly use safety equipment.
- Speak loudly and clearly enough to be accurately understood when on the ground speaking to a co-worker in the top of a 45-foot tree, despite heavy background noise from traffic, construction equipment or wind, and when visual signals cannot be used.
- Speak clearly, communicating by two-way radio.
- Obtain First Aid and CPR certification
- Journeyman level required, additional experience a plus.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, including a Class B State of Washington CDL and the ability to obtain a Class A State of Washington CDL within 6 months of hire date.
- Post-offer background check, drug test, and physical required.
How to Apply:
Employment applications may be requested from the District office at 686 S Clark Ave, Republic WA 99166, 509-775-3325, or downloaded from www.fcpud.com.
Please direct questions and applications to:
John Friederichs, Manager
PO Box 1039, Republic WA 99166
Posting End Date: September 29, 2017