To perform a variety of journey level duties in the trimming and removal of trees; including trimming and pruning trees to provide clearance of power lines, streets, sidewalks, signs and lights; to operate maintenance and construction tools and equipment; and to perform a variety of tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
The following tasks are typical for positions in this classification. Any single position may not perform all of these tasks and/or may perform similar related tasks not listed here:
1. Perform various journey level tree trimming functions, including trimming and pruning trees to provide clearance of power lines, streets, sidewalks, signs and lights; perform duties in compliance with City policies, State and Federal OSHA rules and regulations.
2. Remove trees and brush; chip and dispose of brush; cut up, haul and dispose of felled trees, stumps, fallen limbs and related debris; ensure equipment is operating properly.
3. Assist line crew with the construction and maintenance of overhead and underground electric lines; locate underground electrical lines; read electrical meters.
4. Maintain and operate a variety of tree maintenance equipment and tools, including aerial lift, power saws (i.e. chain saws, pole saws), power winches, chipper sprayers, ladders, hydraulic loppers, pneumatic tools and related equipment.
5. Operate a variety of hand and small power tools and equipment such as axes, hand lines, chainsaws, block and tackle, pruners and various other equipment in support of tree maintenance and removal operations.
6. Provide courteous customer service; respond to questions and inquiries from the general public regarding various maintenance projects.
7. Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.