Company Name: PUD #1 of Clallam County
Phone Number: (360) 565-3276
Job Title: Journeyman Tree Trimmer
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Miscellaneous Positions
Posting Start Date: May 31, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
Are you tired of the traffic? Are you an Outdoor Enthusiast? Clallam County has mild weather, very little rain and is located on the beautiful Olympic Peninsula in Washington. We have lakes, mountains, rivers and an ocean sea coast where hunters, fishermen, hikers, campers, bikers, skiers, kayakers and all outdoor enthusiasts gather for an abundance of outdoor fun. The Olympic Peninsula offers great communities, schools and shopping.
We are seeking a Journeyman Tree Trimmer to safely perform line clearance tree trimming and other vegetation maintenance activities near energized or de-energized overhead conductors, to facilitate accomplishment of the District’s mission and goals.
Education, Experience and Training:
- Must be a qualified Line Clearance Tree Trimmer to work near energized or de-energized overhead conductors.
- Must have completed a 2-year apprentice tree trimmer program or District-approved equivalent.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be familiar with safety procedures regarding traffic control.
- Must pass a District physical examination and be able to perform essential job functions.
- Must have, or obtain within six months of employment, a valid Washington State-approved Industrial First Aid card and Washington State Flagging and Traffic Control card.
- Must have a valid Washington State driver’s license with Commercial Class A and air brake endorsements. Employees moving from out of state must obtain a Washington State license in accordance with Washington State
- Must have a safe driving record.
- Must wear and utilize personal protective equipment as required.
- Must work emergency and pre-arranged overtime.
- Must have and properly maintain the necessary tree-trimmer tools and associated clothing, boots, gloves, etc.
How to Apply:
Information on the Beautiful Olympic Peninsula: Our website, www.clallampud.net provides information about our community and links to local Chambers of Commerce.
To Apply: An application packet, job description and additional information about our company may be retrieved from our website at www.clallampud.net. Contact us at 360-565-3276. EOE
Posting End Date: June 29, 2017