Company Name: Springfield Utility Board
Phone Number: (541) 726-2398
Job Title: Journeyman Station Wireman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Substation
Posting Start Date: June 14, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time Type: Hours
Springfield Utility Board
JOURNEYMAN STATION WIREMAN
A Journeyman Station Wireman installs, tests, maintains, troubleshoots and repairs substation apparatus, including: power transformers, load tapchangers, voltage regulators, transmission and distribution circuit breakers, line sectionalizers, reclosers and their attendant controls, electromechanical and microprocessor based relay protection schemes and SCADA devices.
Installs and maintains switchyard steel, insulators, bus and disconnect switch assemblies. Produces switching orders, clearances and assists in outage restoration. Performs other duties as assigned.
Please refer to the job posting and job description at http://www.subutil.com/jobs/ for a complete list of the responsibilities and duties for this position along with information on how to apply for this position.
- Qualified as a Journeyman Substation Wireman required, with five (5) years of experience preferred
- Experience testing protective relays is preferred
- Experience with switch order writing is preferred
- Proficient in the proper use and responsible care of tools and equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of control wiring for power circuit breakers, transformers, regulators, load tap changers, substation relays (both electromechanical and microprocessor based) and SCADA devices
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Windows software
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have successfully completed a State or recognized apprenticeship program for a Journeyman Station Wireman
Compensation & Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 11 Paid Holidays Annually
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) Plan
- Deferred Compensation
- Retirement Plan
- Short- and Long-term Disability Insurance
How to Apply:
This position is open until filled
This position is open until filled. Applications received by 5:00 pm on Friday, June 29, 2018 will be given full consideration for the first round of interviews.
NOTE: Applications received after June 8, 2018 will be held until the first round of interviews is completed. If a candidate is hired during the first round of interviews, the posting will close and no further applications will be reviewed. If a candidate is not hired during the first round of interviews, we will continue our recruiting process.
Required Application Materials
Thank you for your interest in applying for this position. We appreciate the time and effort you spend in submitting your application materials. The following application materials are required:
- Completed SUB Application for Employment. You can complete the application online at http://www.subutil.com/jobs/. Upon completion, please print and sign the application.
- Cover letter
Applications received by 5:00 pm on Friday, June 29, 2018 will be given full consideration for the first round of interviews.
Please submit your application materials to:
By mail: SUB HR, P.O. Box 300, Springfield, OR 97477
By fax: 541-744-3657
In person: 223 ‘A’ Street, Suite H, Springfield
Posting End Date: June 29, 2018