Company Name: Pacific Power
Phone Number: (503) 813-7178
Job Title: Journeyman Stat Wireman
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Substation
Posting Start Date: March 15, 2018
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 40
Work Time Type: Hours
A Station Wireman Journeyman has a working knowledge of substation equipment, apparatus, and wiring. They install, maintain, test, adjust, troubleshoot and repair substation equipment which includes, but is not limited to transformers, regulators, load tap changers, circuit breakers, circuit switchers, motor-operated and manual switches, bus work, wiring, battery banks and chargers, and substation structures. They operate substation equipment, including switching and grounding. They perform testing on substation apparatus such as power factor, transformer turns ratio, megger, ductor, battery load testing, oil sampling, and other analytical tests as assigned. They are expected to follow safety rules and company standards. They may work in confined spaces and in elevated work areas, may work with bucket and boom trucks. They may work independently or with others, occasionally work long hours and out of town during emergency conditions, and be responsible for tools, test equipment, and vehicles.
- A high school diploma, GED or proof of equivalent.
- Has successfully completed a Journeyman Wireman or equivalent apprenticeship and experience.
- 4+ years experience in the Wireman trade.
- Proficient in all diagnostic testing, analysis of test results on equipment, apparatus and wiring.
- Good driving record.
- Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License.
- Must pass a pre-qualifying skills test.
Posting End Date: April 14, 2018