Company Name: Potland General Electric
Phone Number: (503) 464-7250
Job Title: Journeyman Meterman (U16-123)
Number of Openings: 1
Position Type: Metermen
Posting Start Date: June 9, 2017
Salary Per: Per Hour
Work Time: 8
Work Time Type: Hours
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
For over 125 years, Portland General Electric has proudly served Oregon. Our dedication to helping customers is matched by our commitment to providing PGE employees with a diverse array of rewarding career opportunities. Diversity and community are at the heart of what we do for our customers and for each other. We are committed to a team that looks like the Oregon community that we know and love.
PGE team members are creative problem solvers who love to apply themselves to challenges, big and small. We are looking for team members who will grow their skills, their career and their future with us.
Journeyman Meterman (U16-123)
Starting Wage: $43.81/hour
Install, test and repair/maintain all types, sizes and voltages of alternating current meters/
You will support our journey by:
- Performing meter shop activities including operating all test equipment, refurbishing all alternating current meters, programming, software interface with electronic meters and meter database support
- Maintain the meter stock
- Wire up and install current, potential, and special metering jobs, and test and repair power and demand meters
- Do distribution testing as needed, including investigating customers’ complaints regarding voltage fluctuations, high bills etc. This will often require discussing the results of the investigation with the customer
- Meet with customers and other members of the public and discuss matters such as meter accuracy and energy usage information
- Required to live within reasonable distance of headquartersYou will bring the following skills to our team:
- Certified Journeyman Meterman
- Valid driver’s license with good driving record
- Knowledge of safety regulations and OSHA required
- Physically and mentally able to perform the job efficiently and safely
- Front facing interaction with customers and general publicJoin us today and power your potential!PGE is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. PGE will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment based on race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law. To be considered for this position, please complete the following employment application by the deadline: https://PGN.igreentree.com/CSS_External/CSSPage_Referred.ASP?Req=U16-123. If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 503-464-7250.PGE believes in rewarding strong performance. We provide a total compensation package that is designed to reward your contributions to the company, and, at the same time, support your well-being and professional development, both now and into the future.
- Assisting with storms or other Company emergencies is a part of all positions at Portland General Electric.
Posting End Date: July 8, 2017